Insurance Insurance Insurance

I have a 1989 Nissan Skyline on the way from Japan, it should be here within a week or so. I am lookin for insurance for it, shopping around right now trying to find my best option. Besides Certas, is there any other places that have good rates and maybe dont require an appraisal? I kno TD will do a quote etc but u have to fill out a form and mail it. Might take longer then prefered since its coming in like a week lol. Any ideas?

Looks like you dropped the ball on this one. PM “matty” and ask him about getting a canadian VIN, its what he does to make it easier for insurance.

might take a bit longer but its worth it.

naa thanks tho man im thinkin im just gonna get it insured at Certas. I mean its like $15 more then what im paying for my skyline so no biggy. They were the best overall so im gonna go with them.

then why ask the question?

exactly, the purpose of the appraisal is so that they know what the car is worth, it is to your advantage.

in the event your car is totalled they don’t know what to give you and may lowball you, you should get it appraised to avoid such a situation.

Dominion would insure me on a RHD JDM S13 based on the appraisal value.

I see the point of asking was to see if anyone has had experience with getting car insurance for a JDM vehicle lol and where.

i got insured through Programmed Insurance Brokers after providing them with an appraisal. The policy is under AXA Insurance. No problems and pretty cheap for me being 21, GM2, driving a silvia. If you call PIB, talk to Lucas Shea. He said he had no problem insuring more RHD cars.

Also you might as well get an appraisal like “maxgohan” was saying. Then if in the event of an accident you can get the appraised value of the car, not the blackbook value of the USDM counterpart (correct me if im wrong). However in the case of an r32, idunno how that would work. GL

Thanks man I called Program Insurance Brokers and talked to Lucas. He hooked me up. I have insurance with Economical since they were the cheapest. Lucas was actually a lot of help.

I know a guy that has a gts-4 and his insurance is 3k annually

haha reallllly where at?

^^^i’ll ask him

alrighhhhht cool cool. Cuz so far the best ive recieved is 4400/ year which is like i said 360/month

yo link da # for that company, i need insurance for my silvia too.

Alright man. 1-800-265-6197 ext 767. Thats Lucas he is the best broker there. Helps u out a lot. Give him a call