insurance for a silvia

this is retarded! trying to get insurance for my 1990 silvia is turning out to be a real pain in the A*S! they now want me to get an appraisial, on top of the out of prov inspection… has anyone else run into this problem with there insurance company? they want an appraisail because they have no idea what a “silvia” is.

This sounds true to me. The insurance company can’t insure something that they do not know the worth of. Unless of course you find a company that has already insured lhd cars.

are you puting more than PLPD on your car. Thats prob where you are running into problems because the insurace company wont know what the car is worth when they come to inspect the damage because a Silvia isnt in a mitchel Manes Maneual. If you are having problems with your insurance company just go to a diffrent one cuz thats BS. Just when you get to talking to a agent just say the vin# is diffrent because the car is from Japan. Dont tell her that its RHD and all that cuz they will just ask more questions. Good luck man!

I had to get an appraisal on my silvia as well. And my buddy did too. Him and I use Meloche Monex. HHe got his done months before I did and they refused to use his info to insure my car, they said I had to get one done too. And they gave me a time limit it had to be done within. I am only insuring it with PLPD, fire/theft/vandalism. I just got the appraisal done a few days ago, cost’s $200. I won’t see the results for a few more days now, but I’ll let you know what it says when I get it.
I don’t know how hard it is to get one done in Edmonton or else where, but here in Grande Prairie, there is only one company that dose them, so I had to wait over a month to get mine done!!

Id say wast of time. U dont need one. The only reason you getting one is cuz the stupid insurance people dont know what they are thinking. STUPID :smiley:

well as far as switching inusrance company’s goes, i dont think that it would be a good idea to try and get an uncommon car insured with a new company with a new coustomer like myself… but i was able to call up an apprasial place, and they said they would send a guy today! so for door front service, for 120 bucks, i cant really complian too much more…
ps. hey allen, its me evan, remember, “F##k A HOE!!!”

DIE. :smiley:

I got a picture of your dick on my phone and I freak out lil girls with it!!!

oh i didnt think that it saved… your into that shit anyways, so whatever!!!

no apraisal needed evan! some insurance companys are fuked liked that though! i dunno did u say it was RHD?

by the way how is the car for ya?

i am in love rob… i dont think about girls anymore… all i can think about is what i need to buy next… its bad really BUT I AM IN LOVE!!! thanks buddy… i got the appraisal done today, so i will send it to my insurance company tomorow, and i should have it on the road really soon… oh and by the way, keep ur eyes open for a fmic, and some cheap coil overs, cus thats next on my list

i will see what i can do! we will swindel something :wink: