Silvia insurance?

How did you guys insure your silvia’s in Alberta, my company says they cannot find the car in their registry. So how did you guys register them, as a 240?

Well what insurance company do you use?? I used TD Canadatrust and they insured after having an appraisal done. I had temp insurace thru them as a “240sx” with only liability then after getting an appraisal, they would fully insure the car. Mine is registered as a Silvia!

Chris

I went through a broker. Though I did heard the apprasial is they way to go. Funny how they never heard of a Silvia though.

im insured under melloche monnex, an appraisal is only required for theft/vandalism

broker is how i did mine… in registered as a silvia but i think i get whut i would get for a 240 if i need to write it off

Topley Sanders Jepson insurance put me on without an appraisal, just asked how much I payed for the vehicle and wanted the oop paperwork. Thats it done (for my 180sx not a silvia tho).

Im with Allstate and they dont have a problem with a Silvia, or 180SX, They just need the information form Toronto’s head office so a quote will take about 3 days. Infact my 180 is goin to be $100 a year cheaper that a 240 hatchback LOL.

alot of cars have that problem
if they cannot find ur car they label it as another car
i know people who have done it

My cars labeled as a Silvia too I just gave them my OOP and VIN number and she just typed Nissan Silvia in somehow.

my 180sx is registered as a 180sx, under it’s chassis code. I’m with Melonche Monnex under the Engineer’s (APEGGA’s) group policy. Gotta love TD/MM!

Hmm, strange you needed an appraisal for theft/vandalism. My car has theft/vandalism and ‘limited liability’ (includes fire too.)

They told me I only needed a private co. appraisal for collision, and since it’s a 16 yo car and i can’t be bothered to pay $400 for a private appraisal, I didn’t put collision on it. I figure if it’s my fault I’ll cry for years but live, and if it’s somebody elses fault I’ll just get a newer 180sx :stuck_out_tongue:

ya man im with TD Meloche Monnex and all i did was tell the girl it was a silvia but it had been previously registered in AB…she didnt ask any other questions

mine is through AMA as a silvia, they just asked the value and set it at that.

you should be able to register and insure it under its proper name and chassis code without a problem, unless of course the insurance company still in the flintstone era hahaha. tell them to update their system or you will go somewhere else. because if you ever get pulled over and your driving a silvia and ur insurance says 240sx you might not be covered if something happens to you. or a cop can give you a ticket its his discretion.