really complex question

ok so here is my deal… i have a silvia that when i insured it i had to have an appraisal done. but i want to insure a winter beater, so i would swap the insurance onto that. but when summer rolls around, if i put the insureance back on my car, do i have to reapraise it? is the insureance company stupid like that? PS. its an ALL BLACK silvia! HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

You don’t do any “swapping” of insurance. You have to keep fire & theft on it while its parked during the winter (or at least that makes the most sense). Its like 20 bucks a year or something stupid like that.

yeah make cars are always insured

Whats wrong Evan, today was enough of a taste of winter to make you change your mind about driving your Sil?

I hope you made it back south on those rear tires dude

haha yeah i made it back. and i did change my mind about drving the silvia in winter! bought a SWEET hardbody ! but i was just wondering about the insurance shit. im going to find out about it tomorow anyways.

good to hear dude …alot of people are having their tires kick the grap out of their cars this week …glad you got lucky

with me as long as i keep the comprehensive insurance on my car year round it dosn’t need reappraisal, i just switch pl/pd for the seasons

As long as you keep fire/theft on it (which is the smart thing to do), you won’t need to get it re-appraised in the spring.

i have comprehensive coverage, but no appraisal… is this strange?

talked to insurance company, and coverage is going to be 282 dollars for both vehicles. that seems like alot