insurance on a 180sx

Im pretty sure this thread has been covered many times, but im just wondering how i would go about insuring my 180, is an OOP only needed? or does it need to be appraised as well.

well it goes by the grid. my 2 door costs me $150 a month and i am 20. take into consideration if you had any accidents or tickets which i have none.

so give or take or even base it on your 240

if you base it on a 240sx, you only get that book value for replacement cost. so what 2-3grand??
if you want what your cars worth, like 8grand, then get an appraisal. costs like 100-200bucks and it’s worth it if your car gets stollen.
if you don’t want fire, theft, collision, you don’t need it. if you want any of the above, get one done. I can’t afford collision, but I want fire and theft, so I had one done, cost me $200 to do it local, and my car is now insured for $16,000. it raised my insurance on it slightly, but not by much. but I also have 6 years spotless driving.

defintely get a appraisal. the insurance appraised my car at 5000 so i took it for a aprasal and its now worth 11000.
I went to appreciate auto for mine.
and fire and theft is really worth it. you pay $100-200 for your $10000 car. big pay in the end

When i insured my 180sx they put it under a 240sx and its only about $150 a month with no collision. But i would get an appraisal for sure so you get what is worth if its stolen.

is a 180 really worth that much? wow book on my 240 is around $2000 so i didn’t even bother with collision, just liability (~$1600) and fire/theft/vandalism (~$100). I am 19 with no tickets or accidents.

mine isnt under a 240, my insurance got a listing for a 180, then made me get an appraisil.(which usually is a good thing, mine was appraised 3000 above what i bought it for). But the appraisil thing is company specific. If my record was clean id be paying like 190-220 with collison. so its not alot more than a 240. OOP is needed for registration, and ure insurance company will need a copy of that because if the vehicle is 10 years or older u need a “safety inspection”.

hope that helps