Need insurence advice please..

Hey, so I’m gonna be getting a 240 sometime before summer, and I want to get the insurence figured out.

I’m 18, I have my G2 (but getting G on Dec 28th), have driving school certificate, NO accidents, ONE speeding ticket 55 km/h in a 50 km/h zone (0 demerit points).

I want to get liability only (cheapest coverage possible) since I don’t see the point in paying an extra 2-3k / yr for full coverage when the car is only worth 3-4k to begin with…

I would be the primary and only driver on the car, and I was hoping to get a rate between 200 and 350 dollars a month.

However, I just did a quote on RBC insurence and my premium was $7,234 PLUS TAX per year. For liability only. That’s just insane, any of you want to recommend an insurence company that will give me at least a decent rate?

On a side note my mom is 45ish, has her G, no tickets ever, one at fault accident 5 years ago. Would it be to my benefit to add her to my insurence (ie, will it lower the rates if I put her as occasional) or should I only have me on it ?

Thanks for the help.

if you put the car under your mom it would be hella cheaper, and your quote still seems to much,

hit me up on msn

That’s messed up…
Call around, RBC is shit anyway…

Yeah but she’s already primary on her car…so I don’t think she could be primary for both. And I only live with my mom so putting my dad or whatever isn’t really an option…

i dont noe what u guys are smoking but my dad is primary driver on my 240sx and i am just pleasure and alli pay is 120 a month and im covered on our family car too its a 2005 camrey v6 le. and im with rbc i love them lool and oh ya im only 16 and had my g2 since august.

You got hit with a 55 in a 50? Ouch that’s harsh.

Yeah you should definatly be able to get cheaper rates than that RBC quote… try bel-air direct if you don’t mind doing buisness by phone or net (I don’t think they have local offices)

If your mom has her insurance (be it car and house) with a certain broker, call them and ask them for quotes. I found I got the best quotes from a wide range of companys that way.

hmm i see the problem already…YOU’RE 18!

i was 17 with my first 240, i was paying 300/month and it jumped to 600$ for no reason. Realistically, you should be around the 400/month range.

Here’s my advice, buy a k-car instead.

yea, your mom can be primary on both cars. im 19, but i let my dad put the car in his name so that i don’t get raped with insurance. i’ve had my G2 since may and pay just under 200 per month for full coverage.

im 20 and i pay $3,050 a year for primary driver for my 95 s14 LE. Im with TD insurnace, and they’re the non-facilty (called something along these lines) type of insurnace which means tehy dont charge you a high rate based on the type of car you drive. plus i said i live in waterloo (which i do) so thats why its so cheap =D. Just give them a waterloo postal code, saves u probably 1g. :smiley:

jesus, just reading through some of these posts, you guys pay alot for insurance. I know I’m a little bit older, but im only paying JUST under 100$/month for full coverage, and if i wanted to go to basic coverage it would be about 55$/month.

wow…iam really surpriced at some of the numbers ive seen. i was quoted and paying around 150 - 200ish per month on a 2000 Camry V6 XLE as the secondary driver wit just liability if i remeber correctly. The primary driver is my mom, shes got ZERO accidents, ZERO tickets and whatnot, not to mention shes being driving for over ten years…iam surprise how some of you guys are even hittin the 100ish areas wit a 3 door car XD

camary=4 door family car

240= ''sports coupe"

I use economical and pay 240 a month. Just shop around there is always good quotes out there.

before i rant, i appologize…i’ve been in a piss poor mood lately.

dude you’re an idiot. go get an insurance quote on a 90hp 92 honda civc cx…

if you’re under 25 you’re in for a treat trying to insure one for under 300/month.

Facts a fact, be prepaired to pay about 300-400/month if you’re under 21 without a G, and live in a bigger area.

hmm not as harsh as i thaught i was going to be.

living in the country doesnt help either, sucks, i pay 320 a month, and apparently live in the highest area insurance premium wise. stupid farmers sons (haldimand-norfolk) i saw some story about it in the news a while ago.

hey lucky, not harsh at all ^^ iam just mad at the stupid goverment, pretty much all the other province pay almost half as much as us, EVEN if we’ve got the BEST driving record possible.

Seriously…i don’t mean to brag, but my mom…has NO TICKETS OR ACCIDENTS…and its being over 10+ year, seriously…shes deserves a break from those insurance company

Then she has a shitty insurance company lol. My folks pay 150/mth bucks full coverage for two brand new cars. That’s NOT per person, it’s combined. And we haven’t even been in the country for 10 years.

I think insurance will be high for you no matter what… you are just too young and you’ll be driving a sports coupe… and on top of that you live right in Toronto :slight_smile:

But call around, see what other insurance companies say…

I have PC Insuance and they gave me the best rate out of everyone. I pay 140 bucks a month for full coverage, and I’m the primary & only driver of the car and I live in Toronto. The problem with them is, they won’t insure you unless you are 25 years or older…

Well actually I just got a quote for like 400 a month for the benzo and the 240sx from pc!

My mom as primary on the benzo for pleasure only and me as secondary, and my mom primary on the 240sx for going to work (and i’m not on it at all). And the benzo would have full coverage and the 240 would have only liability and theft…

So that could work. Now I just gotta convince my mom to cancel her current insuarence and hook this up.

Well why don’t you help us out and post your company so we can get a quote…