Cheap Insurance

I just got a 240. Anyone know any companies that offer cheap insurance? (see my specs below)

Desjardins gave me a quote of $2773 (just liability…not full coverage). It’s the lowest quote I’ve gotten so far.

I live in Etobicoke, I’m 26, female, have my G, 2 years of driving history with insurance, no accidents. I just got my G if that makes a difference. I’m not interested in full coverage.

I called Belair Direct but apparently they don’t insure cars that are over 19 years old.

Td insurance, cheapest I could get

bel air direct… 105 a month under my moms name and registered in barrie…1993 240sx SE. oh and my mom has a major accident(rear ended a fucking city bus in the winter).

edit: didnt see you tried bel air

Ha, pretty much the same price that I pay with State Farm and I’m a 24 year old guy with no tickets no accidents. Maybe a female driver with a G and older than me would get a better rate? Dunno, you could try calling them. I hear TD Insurance can be really cheap though.

female insurance is on the rise broski. they love to text and run into things, or in my moms case, run into my dads truck, in our fucking driveway(she wasnt texting though hahah)

call the personal, im 21, 4 years of driving, full license, no charges, liability and comprehensive, and its pretty cheap.

They are, but the service is annoying, they just keep putting you on hold lol

lolol Makes sense I guess. Never thought about that these days. Girls are vicious with their damn cell phones.

And I thought TD had the “BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE” :stuck_out_tongue: BANKING CAN BE THIS COMFORTABLE!

I’m with TD through group insurance… CMA… helps with discounts.

Desjardin, Bel-Air, TD, RBC all tend to be the cheapest because they’re direct writers…

most broker based insurers don’t want our business anyways so it’s not that they’re more expensive, it’s that we’re bad risks that they don’t want :slight_smile:

WWW.KANETIX.CA

Cheapest price guaranteed

^ Can’t do quotes on vehicles 15 years or older… dammit.

Just type in a 96 or 97 240 whatever works and when you call in to the lowest quote the price quoted let them know the deal and it will only go down. From my experience it goes down as the car gets older.

^Kanetix is bs. Just call aroiund, leave messages at random brokers and agents with your info, and take the cheapest one. Bust out the phone book. State farm has a “multi-line” discount, which let me get basically free renters insurance for my home and insurance for the same money. The discount for having two things from them worked out to how much the insurance would cost each month. something to ask about, “do you offer discounts for multiple services”

Ya $145/month for two cars, one with liability only and the other with full coverage is such BS. I hate when people get good deals on insurance.

Yeah I have that with State Farm too, it was like 14$ a month or something and it lowered my insurance premium by 10% for having it so I get it for free basically and still save money on my car. They offer tons of multi-line discount stuff, ‘drive-clear’ or something and if your not over 25 if you tell them your married you get the discount for being a ‘mature driver’ too. Living outside Toronto helps too, anyone with a postal code starting with M has higher insurance because of the theft rate in the GTA compared to say… Barrie or London.

i’m with belair, but recently started calling around in hopes of finding something cheaper. didn’t work for me at all, one agent from state farm even told me, “honestly, before i waste your time i’m just going to tell you that you wont find anything cheaper than what you already have.” belair is a high risk company that mostly caters to “younger” drivers. if you have banking, or home insurance or any other types of insurance (including if your parents do or whatever) then you’ll get discounts at places like td and statefarm, but if you’re kinda just trying to get a good price without anything, i’d say belair.

but, just call around and see. and i don’t know what they’re talking about not insuring +19yo cars. i know a friend who has a 91 insured with them now. talk to a different agent.

state farm, 21yrs, full license for abt 3 years, 2 minor at fault accidents, 1 not at fault write off, lots of red light camera tickets, lol, 275$ liability only… funny how my beater cost more 310$… any1 kno how gud state farm is with rhd vehicles?

Hmmm did your friend start his policy with them before his car was 19+ years old? I think it’s that they don’t want to take on new policy holders with cars over 19 years old :frowning: I stuck with Desjardins for now… Kanetix quoted me a lowest price of 6 grand!

^i just tried kanetix and the cheapest quote i got was $3800 from desjardins, and im 20, full license for almost 2 yrs, no tickets or accidents and live in brampton.

Are you talking about your 240? I have insurance with TD they quoted me 170 a month (2040 a year) I have no tickets, full license, and im 20 also. I have been with them 3 months now and my insurance has already dropped to 160 a month