Insurance

Whats good guys,

Anyways i went to the ministry today to get temp. plates but they said i needed insurance on my 240 in order to get teh 10 day permit. So here i am rushing through the yelow pages and cant get a hold of any brokers for a proper quote. All answering machines. But I was wondering what company is best to go with. Im looking to spend under $350, or even below $300

Heres my info:

17 years of age (18 in July)
g2 licence
clean record
Want to get 3rd party insurance (dads reccomendation) or anything thats cheap under my name.

By 3rd party, you mean you’ll be an occasional driver, or?
If it’s your own policy, you will be paying more than 300 for sure, under 350 is possible. Either way, call Bel Air Direct, NOBODY comes close, everyone else quoted me double what they did.

Sounds good. How much are you paying?

the name is called Bell Air Direct?

on the phone with them right now =]

$385 /w Tax, anyone know anything better?

Give me a shout. I need this on the road asap

dude your 17 lol… you wont find cheap insurance in toronto

so is that a cheap quote?, think i should go with it or not…

Why don’t you keep calling around? At least get three quotes. You should shop around.

Then again, if you can afford it, then go for it.

$385 is alot a month, but this may be good if you are putting insurance under your own name. I had a bit lower when i was 18.

I’d personally call around a bit more to find a better rate, but if you are in a rush and want to go with this it’s your call.

I’m paying 260 and i’m 18 w/ g (but same rate w/ g2) and a speeding ticket. belair FTW.

To make it cheap just get only liabiljity and theft and only 500 000 worth of liability coverage instead of 1 million

Thanks renny

You get insured with either 1-2 million dollar libability for a reason you know… and its not smart to be driving around with anything under 1 million because if you do hurt someone and they decide to sue, you can bet your ass they wont sue you for $400,000 to stay under your “$500,000 Limit” and say they sued you for 1 million and you lose well your personally liable now for the other $500,000

not a smart move (in my opinion)

I am with Belair. It is the cheapest place I found. Half of what I was paying at TD.

Bel air is pretty sweet actually. they have $0 deductibles now. I asked them about the $500,000 coverage but it only took of $15 dollars. Allstate quoted me $450

im pretty much fucked.

Do you NEED to get the 10 asap? If not, I would wait until July (when you turn Eighteen) and then get your G. Those will lower it some.

Woot $263.58 a month
17. G2 since Feb3rd
1990 240sx
2 million liability
Primary
Clean record

heh… 80 bucks a month bitches.
AND its under my name, with 2 tickets, one being rather…er…high.

thank you winnipeg.

You’re welcome.

Don’t go with a 0 deductible if you are looking for the cheapest quote. I’m with Meloche Monnex (U of T alumni group plan) and for the 240, I got $1000 deductible.

The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. Also, I would keep the liability at $1,000,000 for reasons stated earlier.

sucks to be you haha

i’m $80/month if i switch to my YJ.

$280/month for the cefiro…i fear this will be my last year with her…atleast on the road.

i’m with ING and i’m primary driver under my own policy with my full G and D-E no records or accidents and i’m 19 (turning 20 May 23) and i’m paying 345$ a month

I’m with Echelon, I’m looking to switch and save; my rate was $220/month, but now it’s almost $250… for no reason. I’m still officially living in Sudbury, no accidents, no speeding tickets, not even a parking ticket and the bastards raised my rate. :evil:

I’m 22, G license, no accidents or tickets, primary and only driver.

EDIT:

I just looked up Belair Direct ($1600/yr) and Meloche Monnex ($2300/yr) so I’m gonna go with the former, gonna call them tomorrow. :smiley: