Anyone know how or is there any way to.........

So I went back to these guys. First they said “We swear we didnt do it, you did this morning”

After reassuring them I did nothing of the sort they started to think about a possible solution.

Then the manager came and said “our master key works by going above and past the lugs but your lug is special and doesnt have room for our master key to go in”

He then went on to say he would need to keep my car for up to 4 hours to see what he can do. I told him I cant leave it for 4 hours until tomorrow at 2. And he stated "there is nothing I can do sorry bring it then.

I think we ended off saying he will take off the special lugs and just put on regular non anti theft system lugs. I guesss thats better than nothing.

theres a special socket that you can get that takes off all locking lug nutz, its just a tapered circle.

I think that is what the auto shop had but there is no space around my special lug. Its just a flat face and the key went straight inand not around. I think that was the problem

well then you have to do this(don’t really do this)
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ef_u/1112.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ef_u/11.jpg

lol b-ri… I dont thinkide destroy my rims no matter how much everyone hates them

thats how he got his stuck lug off, a more last resort option aha

You should have went to the Yarter Performance Shop in Duanesburg.

I needed it done ASAP and went to closest place… I gues big mistake. I dunno. Right now wheels are fine I can drive. I just hope to not get another flat lol…

try these… pics coulda been better

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/replacement.keys.all

Im ganna go tomorrow and see what they say. I dont have anything better to do anyway lol. Lets see if they can take it out and put some new lugs in there.

Another option since the universal remover won’t fit is to weld a nut to the locking lug and remove it that way. Whether or not anybody that the place that screwed up your rims is capable of doing that is another question all together. Far as the arguement about torquing wheels vs. using an impact. I’ve worked as a mechanic professionally for a couple years and I’ve never seen anybody go around with a torque wrench and check every lug after installing a wheel unless its a set of expensive custom rims. What most people don’t realize is techs are paid by the job, that is to say we are paid for the volume of work we put out and sorry to say my main goal going to work is to make money. Not that I hack stuff to get it done faster, but I’ve always put lugs on with an impact and a double tap of the trigger and never had a single problem. The only issues I’ve ever seen with lug nuts loosening is in shops that require torque sticks and those I have seen cause wheels to loosen.

at honda we had preset torque wrenches we were required to use on drain plug, filter and lug nuts everytime one came off, we had a big problem with warping rotors. Everytime a wheel came off we had to take it for a 2 mile test drive as well.

For future reference, I’m assistant manager at mavis. Soooooo u should have asked me. Tire might have been even cheaper

I had no idea Im sorry. Which mavis do you work for? I will keep it in mind for future reference if anything is needed.

believe it or not you werent far off with these pics lol. They took a 22mm socket (one bigger then my lug 21) and they cut around the my special key’ed lugs with a hammer/chisel type machine ( I was unable to see from where I was to see what they used). Then they jammed the 22mm around my special lug and hammered it out.

Then they put random lugs back on there. Ordinary lugs. Completely different color and style lol. But atleast they did it? I guess.

Well wheels are fine. Just no locks lol. Anyone know any place to get a different set of cheap anti theft lugs?

Sure you don’t want your wheels stolen?

not til i find a replacement :frowning:

Did they complensate you guys for the extra time you had to spend each time you did this?

i was hourly so i never gave a fuck, im not sure tire rotation was .4 flat rate time not sure what it is at other shops.

grand premier tire in EGB > all tire jointz in the area