Pissed

I’m getting an inspection yesterday. Tech comes and says he can’t get the wheel off because the lug key and/or lugs are stripped. Oh, and one of the lugs wasn’t tightened at all, completely loose. So I fail inspection and have to pay the fail fee - this would have been a free inspection. I just had tires put on Friday so I know who did this. Now I have to leave work early, yell at the tire people, get a new key, and get a reinspection. I will NOT be paying for this fix.

Is everyone in the world incompetent? I swear I would do every single job myself if I had the time and tools. That’s why I built my own deck, because I know whoever would have done it would have fucked it up. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
I’m getting an inspection yesterday. Tech comes and says he can’t get the wheel off because the lug key and/or lugs are stripped. Oh, and one of the lugs wasn’t tightened at all, completely loose. So I fail inspection and have to pay the fail fee - this would have been a free inspection. I just had tires put on Friday so I know who did this. Now I have to leave work early, yell at the tire people, get a new key, and get a reinspection. I will NOT be paying for this fix.

Is everyone in the world incompetent? I swear I would do every single job myself if I had the time and tools. That’s why I built my own deck, because I know whoever would have done it would have fucked it up. :mad: :mad:

take the reciet of the fail fee to the tire place

anbd make the cover it

might have to get the tech to write why it failed!

that really sucks!!!

which car!!! ihave some keys here that may match,got lugs & a tool to take off lock that are stripped & dont have keys!!:smiley:

It’s my '02 Grand Prix, but the wheels are Enkei’s with socket lugs (Socket Lug brand).

beat the tech with a baseball bat

Originally posted by HaNnIBaL64
beat the tech with a baseball bat

Tech inspector was at a different place than where I got the tires. I’ll beat the tire guy instead. I guess a tire iron would be more appropriate.

eh run em both over

where u get the tires?

Originally posted by Pewterss
where u get the tires?

Marsh in Charleroi. Never had a problem before, bought 3 sets of tires & a set of wheels. Here’s what I think happened - real busy that day, tire guy goes nuts with the impact gun, rounds off the key, last lug doesn’t even tighten. God forbid someone uses a torque wrench.

But I could be wrong. We’ll see this afternoon.

inspection… :rofl:

(and you only need 1 sticker) :owned:

Marsh in Charleroi. Never had a problem before, bought 3 sets of tires & a set of wheels. Here’s what I think happened - real busy that day, tire guy goes nuts with the impact gun, rounds off the key, last lug doesn’t even tighten. God forbid someone uses a torque wrench.

But I could be wrong. We’ll see this afternoon.
Kevin is a good guy. He should take care of you.

BTW, everyday is like a zoo at that place.

I go to marsh tire as well with my cars. Kevin will help you out.

They were able to grind the key down past the rounded off part. Works good now, and still inserts into the lug the whole way.

I asked the guy there, and no they don’t usually use torque wrenches. Next time I’ll have to ask to torque them to spec so the key doesn’t get rounded again.

Well Kevin is a good guy indeed… but they are always busy as hell there. If My shop inspected it, we definatly wouldnt have failed it because of that… we woulda just fixed it… it proably didnt take more than 5 min to do… oh well… at least you got it taken care of.

mark… will you pass me without reverse lights?

Originally posted by SP71Supra
Well Kevin is a good guy indeed… but they are always busy as hell there. If My shop inspected it, we definatly wouldnt have failed it because of that… we woulda just fixed it… it proably didnt take more than 5 min to do… oh well… at least you got it taken care of.

I had it inspected at Bowser. They must do things exactly by the book.

I had it inspected at Bowser. They must do things exactly by the book.

Im a certified state inspection mechanic… thats really not in the book - thats just being a dick to he honest… they shoulda asked u if u wanted it fixed for an additional charge, not fail u for it. You fail someone on spot for stuff like bad breaks / faulty lights, etc… They failed you to make more $$$$

Originally posted by SP71Supra
Im a certified state inspection mechanic… thats really not in the book - thats just being a dick to he honest… they shoulda asked u if u wanted it fixed for an additional charge, not fail u for it. You fail someone on spot for stuff like bad breaks / faulty lights, etc… They failed you to make more $$$$
very true