Anyone know how or is there any way to.........

So I took my car to tire warehouse inc because I needed to change my 1 tire.

Guys did fine whatever but my wheels have 1 special lug with a key socket. I showed him where it was and he used it fine etc. Then I went to change my wheels entirely to my winter set and realized that the key socket was BROKEN… the guy must have broken it and just put it back in the glove box without telling me.

the store is closed now but do you guys think its worth going back there tomorrow to bitch and complain or is there an easy way around it without having to deal with them again?

$100 says he put the wheels back on by using an impact and bot properly torqueing them. The impact torque prolly snapped your lug key.

Should have went to Mavis instead.

Theres two general types… usually 6-12 bucks each. call a few shops… I found mine back in the day at APG I think, might try …um…tire warehouse and be honest with them and sincerely ask for help… dont go all freaked and bitchin… and try to speak with better sentence quality than in which you just typed. :wink:

Basically take what Jammer said and do the exact OPPOSITE of what he just said.

Seriously. You need to show those motherfuckers some aggression, otherwise they’ll never learn and will probably fuck your car up again while trying to fix it.

Make SURE your tires are audible when pulling back into their parking lot. That usually makes them understand you are there and mean business.

Well… yea typing and doing is different lol. I de probably be alot nicer but I dont think they are “professional” enough to know how to fix it. What to do if they say “we cant fix it sorry” lol

Mavis said 180 plus tax for ONE 245/35/20
Tire warehouse said 140 plus tax

Thats why lol

Say… Help find me a key, they should be stand up about at least an attempt. … Pep Boys or Auto Zone is a slight possability BTW.

I will keep it in mind. Theres an autozone pretty close to me. Pep Boyz I am not a fan of but I will check them as well. I thought key sockets were specific to ONE set of wheels. Didnt know you could get a replacement

good luck finding a generic tire store that doesn’t use an impact. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Dude, it doesn’t even matter. Every mechanic and shop is different. If someone flys off the handle about shit it won’t make them become better.

DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO ACT ON THE COMPUTER.

:lol soooo true for any generic service center! Jiffy Lube asked my dad if he wanted the tires rotated, he asked if they had a torque wrench… the guy said “yes, but we don’t use it.” My dad left without even getting the oil change.

It was probably a cheesy key to begin with if it snapped… I’ve never seen a shop NOT use an impact to put on/remove wheels and tires.

Probably came with the Rimz as a free gift.

What he said… Im hoping it came with the rims lol. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to use it lol.

Mavis will price match any local competitor btw. And Nick (dc2nick on here) is a good guy and would take care of you… just sayin.

But yes, I have yet to see any shop not use an impact, and personally I believe that if its done right (torqued in sequence in a few steps of torquing power) impacts are fine. I have never had an issue and I ALWAYS use an impact. But thats another arguement.

I told mavis that I found a price of 140+ tax for the tire and they said “sorry we dont price match that because we dont carry low end tires and our tires are more expensive sorry”

Basically they said that the tires that tire warehouse sells are much cheaper because they are lower end. In any case tire warehouse says they price beat any other stores and after calling about 20 stores Tire warehouse was the cheapest.

well the price match would be for a comparable tire. Obviously a cheaper tire is going to be cheaper… lol.

he may have been doing you a favor by the looks of those wheels

Lies, he would have removed all the lugs and left them off if he was doing him a favor. Now he’s stuck with these wheels until he finds a key.