Anyone know of a good place that does 3m car wrapping?

Like the title says I’m looking for a local place to wrap my m3 that will do a good job. I’m not even sure if there’s anyone reputable around here that does this but I’m looking to switch up the car for this season a little and I don’t want to paint the whole car obviously.

Im also a little concerned if doing this ruins the existing paint? I’m assuming it doesn’t as I see tons of cars from exotics to shit boxes doing it but if anyone has info or experience on this as well that would be great. It’s not something I’d keep on forever but maybe a year or two before Id switch it up again or something. My paint is mint so that’s a huge concern.

Any help would be great. Thanks :tup:

First, I would look into alternatives to the 3m wrap as well. I think the Xpel Ultimate is the top of the line at the moment. Second, I wouldn’t be worried about it ruining your existing paint, not much can go wrong in the application. The new urethane films are great, self heal, and don’t yellow. There is a very very small chance that during removal of the film it can lift paint, but that is probably less than 1% of instances, and almost entirely happen on repainted sections.

Are you looking at wrapping the entire car or just sections? Xpel sells pre-cut sections and the materials to do it yourself, which comes in to around 1/3rd the cost of paying someone to do it for you. A whole car wrap is probably upwards of 5k or so installed.

First off I’m not partial to a brand. They just have the color I want. If there’s something better than sure. Second, my trunk has been painted due to it being aftermarket and carbon under it so I don’t want any problems there either. I’m mostly worried about the removal. Third I’m not doing this myself. I don’t have the time nor patience and certainly don’t trust myself doing it. Shops I’ve seen out there that do tons of work and good work charge about $2k for a full job as that’s what I want. I want the whole car done. For $5k I’ll paint the whole fucking car that’s insane.

$2k would be a steal for a whole car wrap. It’s actually better to have them use non cut-to-fit pieces because each car is slightly different, so an installer should be capable of doing a better job than a diy. Let me know who you go with, I’d be curious to see the local prices and what films they offer. Something to look into, but they may offer a film with less adhesive on it for areas of the car that have been repainted, so it’s worth asking when you speak to them.

No Dip?

LOL @ plasti-dip

There is no one in this area I would trust to do a full car wrap. There are some good shops in the NYC and Philly areas though.

And how much were your last few sets of wheels? Pot? Kettle…

LOL. To answer your suggestion nicely, no. No plasti dip.

That’s what I honestly figured. I’m going to do some searching

Wheels have ranged from $3k to $5k. Does that mean I want to spend $5k wrapping my car a temporary color? No, no it doesn’t. That’s completely irrelevant to my statement. Nothing on this car has been cheap, I have top notch parts on everything that I’ve touched. What I meant was if I’m going to spend $5k for a wrap Id rather spend $6-8k on a full quality paint job and do it permanently. I’m looking for a fun change on the car. But $5k isn’t worth a wrap, no matter whoes doing it. Period.

I had the hood of my truck done in matte black 3m. Underground did it and they did a good job however from the winter i have a few holes in the 3m. Waste if you ask me. I know a few of the raptor guys that paid 8k and up to have the whole truck done… fucking dumb if you ask me.

At least wheels have some amount of resale value. You can’t peel a wrap off a car and put it on another car. It’s a pile of trash when you’re done with it.

there are a number of very reputable places in the GTA that i could refer you to… your dollar goes 30% further up here too :slight_smile:

Think this qualifies for a: Umadbro?

In for plastidip, the new top coat looks pretty legit and can do a whole car for say 450$

Sent from my iPhone 6

well this wouldn’t see the winter but yeah that sounds very dumb. it is however a weekend cruiser at most so well see

this, now this i like. shoot me a text ya Canadian!

this guy: http://premierwraps.ca/

he’s local to me, i have sold him tires and stuff in the past and having him quote on a frosted vinyl job at my house right now. Paul Samuels in the dude who runs the J

they did a pretty redic textured wrap on a white Z… check their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PremierWrapsLTD

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11050190_796049283805317_7017519076745976433_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10295491_796049477138631_3708491958090399543_o.jpg

^^ Ghost Victorian ornamentation?

+1 for getting it done in Canada (100.00 USD = 125.102 CAD)

i dont know what the pattern is but maybe you can get that puking dude @IanK had and get it done in vinyl under vinyl?