Car Wraps

So I’m considering wrapping my car instead of painting it but I’d like some recommendations on local places to get a quote from and some reviews from anyone who has done it. I’m not doing anything special just one solid color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VSP does most of my ambulances. They do good work and it has a 10 year warranty.

Plastidip?

Ill check out VSP

Any idea on the price to wrap a car?

I was thinking a wrap will look more like paint. Plastic dip has that dull finish and won’t look as smooth as paint or a qrap

Not cheap. Typical ambulance job is $3000+ and that’s not even a wrap. Then again it’s more expensive reflective vinyl.

True true. If it ends up being more than 50% of having a shop paint my car I wouldn’t do it, just doing some research.

Plastidip has come a long way…You might want to check it out again…they have pearls and glossifiers that dont give the car that boring flat paint look

• Updated - - -

I work at VSP. Full wrap comes up to be a couple G’s unfortunately. It is a good investment tho. Protects your original paint too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My original paint is shot which is why I’m exploring options.

Call happy at underground. 695-7504. I have no clue what it cost

This ^

Vinyl is out, plastidip is the new cheap way to change the look of your car, without the cheap look like plastidip of the past.
A wrap will cost you thousands while your car can be dipped for under $1k.

Don’t call Nick Pearl.

I’m going to be painting my own car. Maybe look into it for yourself?

Don’t do this

Tintstar in albany does vehicle wraps like what you want. no clue on cost.

Why not?

Because he doesn’t paint cars and either do you?

You’re going to end up spending a bunch of money and have it look half ass…his mustang is a nice a car and he puts a lot of time and effort into it why would he half ass looks.

no

and no. Videos and camera shots from 15 feet away can make a turd shine. That stuff lays out like shit, even from a gun, is thick as hell and doesnt leave nice mask lines at trim and gaskets, i can go on for hours. its a total cob job imo. If it floats your boat good for you, from somone who apprecieates quality, it sucks. It chips/pulls easily, cant be touched up/blended out to recover the defect. should I continue?

define shot and what car. More importantly whats your budget, and at the top of your want list… whats your expectations on the finish. I could paint a car for $1200, or $12000+.

On the wrap, its more durable than plastiderp but it will look like a billboard, edges again, and attention to detail will never simulate paint. And if you ever plan on peeling it off, you will want to burn the car to the ground… i have unwrapped plenty of things to paint and over a $100 in supplies later i got all the glue off to be ready to scuff and paint. Absolutly the worst shit I can think of dealing with on a body.