Budget BMW "Paint" Job

Step one- Buy tape

Step two-

Step three-

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135662
:wow

not budget. More expensive than paint at most shops that even have the talent to do it.

Ok, go find a place that will do the same paint job for $1500 besides Maaco

SWEET. I guess it’s good protection for the paint from road rash

THat is 3m vinyl. I used to be a graphic designer. the outdoor vinyl they use from 3m comes with a 3 year rating. Up here by one year it is discolored and the clear coat on is oxidizes and breaks down so $1500 a year versus $3000 for 5-10 years?

hmmmm?

Did you read the thread? It is $1500 for 3 to 5 years. It’s probably photoshopped anyway

I would leave a little extra around the wheel well , for that tucked tire look :lol

Note to self:

Look into pearlescent vinyl for fenders.

lol, oh no the full color swap wrap, it costs about 800 bucks in material alone and about a days worth of work. Theres a new material thats made for vehicle wrap thats permiable, so its really easy to apply if you like to put stickers on, pretty much just squeegee it on evenly starting from a center point.

I just thought it was cool because you usually see business vehicles with the wraps… it’s a cool alternative to a full paint job if you like to change your mind. :lol

That’s actually pretty sick.

id do it.

thats cool! I admire vinyl installers yo.

ya exactly its cool if you like to change your mind but it costs too much

its a ghetto paint job, but not a budget one

That’s awesome, Definitely the way I want to go with the race car’s outside look.

Anyone know a shop around here that is capable?

When I worked at Infamous Graphics we did vinyl wraps and it was expensive as hell. I know they are still doing it but i’m not exactly sure who their installer is.

Adam, the owner of 21 Graphics does it as well and he’s VERY GOOD. Anyone who is seriously considering something like that should give him a call.

+1 on adam, best wrap installer i know

Did you read my post at all?

I said they rate it at 3 years but it never lasts that long up here. The business I worked for used it and it would last a year max.

Benny they pretty much only do base colors cause as soon as you add flakes or metallics it makes the “skin” of the vinyl thicker and less bendy. That why the cars done with that glitter vinyl always look like shit cause they use actual metal in the vinyl to get the reflective surfaces and that makes it very hard to mold to a complicated surface.

The back of that wrap on the BMW looks like a honey comb. It is also very thing vinyl so its super easy to wrap around things

lamin-x the whole car :slight_smile:

this is no where near new, a lot of the flat black exotics you see are done in this fashion, as well as the flat black gt-r.