anyone listen to that crap about no death penalty

for every retarded thing the ACLU does that gets talked about on conservative talk radio, there are dozens of genuinely good things they do to help with preserving constitutional rights.

i’ll agree that they end up on the wrong side of some ridiculous arguments, but they do a hell of a lot of good as well.

well aren’t you altruistic. it costs on average 69k a year to keep a prisoner(just google it like i did, a few sites said that figure) life sentence is what, 40 years… $ 2,760,000 for a heinous criminal to be housed, fed, entertained, guarded, etc… God decides who ends life, well… then God decided to allow the death penalty, and God decided to let Tookie die. God can decide who goes to heaven and hell, but for 2.8 mil in tax dollars i’m willing to speed up his decision process :dunno:

It can be viewed this way sure, “he is being put to death because God is willing the jury to vote this way” - or something. I guess I see God taking less of a hands on roll in this, but hey, what do I know right?
And that’s the point - since I really don’t know God’s plan or how he acts, I can only go with my opinions.

If they killed every criminal then the money going to the jail would go to something else, i highly doubt we would ever see it again. so either way, my money is a wash so why bother looking at it that way?

no maybe your money would go to someone that really was worth having it spent on them.

we all have our day to die and the choices we make propel us towards our deaths. if you kill people and laugh about it you signed your own death warrent.

two things…

1.tookie would have had his death penalty turned over to life sentence if “he would have said he was sorry for the crime or to atleast show some feelings towards the families. But he didnt.” according to gov. arnold.

and 2. What bugs me is when people say they dont agree with the death penalty. But if something were to ever happen where a loved one was murdered, then they would want the man who did it to be put to death (more than likely.

As for where i stand in the death penalty… i agree but i think leathal injection isn’t good enough for what some of these people did.

we could use it to get you the education you so desperately need.

We could call it the BoostedITR41 School for the Abolishment of Social Ignorance

should have shipped him to singapore and watch thier goverment go buck wild on him.

I love it…I am socially ignorant, but the pot smoking peace lover that doesn’t conform to any of societies accepted practices talks shit. wow

my balls tickle

i love how you can so effortlessly make the stretch from me thinking the war in Iraq is strategically unsound to me being a “pot smoking, peace loving” hippy or whatever.

and how exactly do I not conform to societies accepted practices? I dont walk around taking shits in public, or go jogging in the nude. :dunno:

Pot and conforming shouldnt be in the same sentence

US VS THEM

I dont smoke pot.

2nd hand smoke kills from what i heard.

yeah i hear you about the money bein lost; but my point is you can’t claim it’s God’s decision at one point in the process without claiming it’s been his decision for the entire process… from the committing of the crime to the death penalty.

You can’t claim a higher power has ‘teh call’ only at the end, if said power exists; then he existed during the intial murder as well as the death penalty, therefore the entire process was his will.

ps. the ACLU must exist, about twice a year they take on a joke cause. whatever, that happens with social work, but i bet the other 363 days they’re helping ppl getting screwed. i know i’d want them there if i was being screwed by someone too big for me to fight back agst like the gov. or drug companies. :boink

I would go as far to say God had a hand in the commiting of the crime. I think we make choices. One could go as far to say the devil and God our on either shoulder and we choose to listen to one over the other.

Everything happens for a reason right? So people that lose their lives as a direct result of being killed have no choice - in that sense their lives were taken for a reason, and this may be part of God’s plan, but we may never know what it is.

This may sound a bit harsh or maybe I am coming across too cold. But I honestly believe that if a life was taken, it’s meant to be that way. There is a greater purpose that we can’t initially see.

Sheesh, it sounds like I am one of those religious nuts and the next post I will make is that the world will end or something lol

^ ok, so then by that logic you DO believe in the death penalty. If God allows or takes part in the taking of lives then why would his power stop inside prison walls?

You can’t claim God giveth and taketh away on one hand and then claim that scheduled deaths are somehow man’s will, but unscheduled deaths are Gods will. either death is or is not his will, imho.

ps. i’m not piling on but you do seem to be talkin in circles :dunno:

also :shaggy: does not inherently make you lazy or useless, just like :beer: doesn’t make you a drunk, or :hitit: doesn’t make you a whore. excess to the point of leaving things constantly undone makes you useless.

sorry for my miscommunication, i was always bad at explaining such topics.
I guess I believe in choice as much as I do in how God plays a part in it. Just like there is a choice in commiting a crime and doing the right thing, there is a choice in whether to take a life or sentance them to prison.

Although, I think I see your point - It could be argued that since this person is on death row therefore, God has a hand in it right? Yeah I guess that could be true, but I don’t think I will rally behind it. This is a grey area. On 1 hand I think all unscheduled deaths have a reason behind them having to do with God’s plan, on the other hand I would be an idiot if I didn’t say scheduled deaths also tied into that plan.

So I guess I think when there is a choice involved on our end, we should always go with the answer that doesn’t kill another human being.

That was probably all 1 big circle again, sorry. but that last statement pretty much sums out how I feel. I don’t expect to change anyone’s opinion, I just feel how I do.

ok taht makes more sence