Anyone local and reputable that does head work?

Mildly porting a set of heads is not that big of a deal. You guys make it out like you MUST send it to someone with a flowbench, a dyno, a cnc machine, 30+ years of experience, etc. If you want a KILLER set of heads, then CNC all the way. If you want soemthing better than stock, grab your tools and go for it. Studderins heads seemed to work pretty damn good for a low budget approach.

billy at oddy’s is known for his head work. he designs head ports over layered blocks of wood… however, these are for 2-5000hp nitro hemi engines etc… i don’t think he has much experience with LS1’s, experience being the key word

Billy at Oddy’s “supposedly” did my heads. It looked like someone ran a dremel on them for about an hour, no lie. Not bad for $500, lol. Still every bit of casting flash in each port. Maybe it wasn’t him that did them, who knows, only one retard knows the truth to that question.

well like i said, i wouldnt recommend him for these type of engines. i would recommend him for 1000+ nitro engines that go for 30+k

sry i took the thread subject the wrong way good luck :slight_smile:

The owner of Oddy’s did do the valve job and bowl blend on those bare castings. Those heads came bare with uncut seats. Full competition valve job and bowl blend, plus hone the guides for $500. What did you expect to get for $500 a fully ported cylinder head? I have known people to pay over $1000 and some close to $2000 just to have a set of casting ported, plus the valve job. So please stop with the poor me I got robbed bullshit.

Nice post JnJ. For those that don’t know JnJ likes to post on Chuck’s s/n. He used to post on Muscle50’s.

Valve job? You mean the killer 2 angle “valve job”

Honed the guides? Please…3 of the valves, ya know those stellar Si valves, wouldn’t even go through the guides, unless we smacked them with a hammer. They are still sitting in the box.

I specifically asked for a valve job with a backcut on the valves, I mentioned this at least 5 times!!! But you confused it with undercut, Mr.Know everything there is to know.

I didn’t get $500 worth of work.

No one cares about your LT1…

Get your fucking LS1 heads ported by a reputable LS1 shop…none of which are around this area…

If this thread was about where to get LT1 heads ported your comments would be useful…but they are not…

What about that place on walden up by Ransom on the left? Are they still around? Twisted would know who im talking about and no its not J&L

ok found it

B R K Machine & Performance
11312 Walden Ave
Alden, NY 14004
(716)937-0477

Jims on Hinman x1000000000000000000000000000

I would just do a valve job and have the seats cut for more air. With the new cast port technology you really don’t have to port much. As far as CNC heads just get another set all done up. You plan on going bigger cam??