Anyone on eCtune by Xenocron? Honda Input !

didn’t know this thread was about your build…

laduke said mega squirt isnt cheap, i said what it cost me… you ofcourse have to say you prefer monster, for whatever toolish reason you could come up with, and i said well good thing you arent involved…

go get wheel hop or something man. :Idiots

ummm ok… go bend a valve?

why dont you both GO FUCK YOURSELVES

maybe later but not right now… k thanks.

Yea lol, then I talked to his friend about the car. Jerimiah (didnt spell that right,sorry).

LOL whoa whoa whoa.

what do you mean THEN you should be out of debt from the jetta?? :rofl

]

Megasquirt as far as I know is the most functional stand alone for the money

Not that cheap? I’d say 300 bucks for a brand new fully functioning stand alone is pretty fucking cheap

why stand alone? Programs like ECtune have a shit ton of features that are easy to use and they sell the moates deamon for it for single wire datalogging and on the fly tuning…

I love the features like using the AC button for high/low boost, gear dependent boost, CEL shift light, antilag/2 step, direct wideband access, closed loop wideband, secondary maps (which could also be switched to using AC button), electronic boost contoller with closed loop settings…on and on and on.

If its not missing some major feature that you want, why bother switching?

Chris at Xenocrone knows his shit. In fact I believe Synaspe use to send there ecu’s there at one point. I get all my chip kit’s and basemaps form Chris. He will even do a street tune on your car if you bring it to him or meet up with him.

As for eCtune, I have never used that. I usually just have him tune everything with Neuptune right off the bat. If you don’t like whats in the car. Just have it retuned at Synapse. It the car runs fine for now then just leave it alone.

Car is runing fine so I am gonna just leave it alone.I just wanted to see if you guys have this software or if you heard anything about this. I am new to the honda tuning scene somewhat. I Need as much information on the software I have in my car now.

Thanks to the people that stayed on topic!!!

go to ectune.com join the forum and look around on there. A lot of people like dave blundal and chris from xenocron helped make ectune and they are frequently on the forums sharing a ton of information.

I agree completely…

Was just stating that megasquirt is the most effective stand alone for the price and being open source their are virtualy no limitations as to what you can do with it.

Will do , thankyou

The professional version of Ectune has all the same features as Neptune. Chris@xenocron is a mastermind when it comes to obd1 tuning and Flobby hes down in north Jersey not too far from here.

Laduke, If I were you I would just keep what you have for the winter and invest in a wideband. Then next spring go with Neptune.

They were talking about the basemap you suggested not the ectune itself. In fact noone has said anything bad about ectune itself just to get the car retuned.

Duke it all comes down to if you don’t know who tuned the car and you plan on driving it as is a retune would be a smart idea ectune or not. Chris’ car was tuned by one of te best tuners in the country and the previous tune was sketchy at best and picked up almost 100whp on pump gas same boost level. What engine and turbo setup is in you car by the way?

Built d-y8 series.
9:1:1 pistons
ARP studs
Piston Rings
Forged rods
…yada
28r turbz
440 rc inject
cast mani
external wastegate
open dumptube
Full 3inch , no test pipe

Has a dual stage mbc. So just flip a switch and you go from 9- 16 on the fly. Was dynoed in 2008 made 260 whp 217 tq on pump. There is no 2 step so this leads me to believe that this is an older version of software. I may just have to do a road trip down to get a retune in the spring if I keep this.

THEY REBORED THE PISTONS GUYZ

:rofl