Anyone on here fully pay for health care?

Pondering taking the Buyout at GM and was looking to find out how much insurance costs per month for a family plan.I remember a few yrs back the Chamber of commerce gave me a booklet and if I joined I could go through them and I thought it was about 7-800 a month.
Where does one even go look for insurance?google search maybe?
Thanks
Derek

talk to justa4door. there are programs so you dont have to pay the full shot

Can you get on with the wife? cobra is crazy money. I know you cant make more than 2000 for a whole family(IIRC) for family health plus

OT I swear I keep seeing you in news snipets on ch 7. is that car voucher for ANY GM of your choice?

I have healthy NY with independent health, I pay $260 a month

Rant: The United States is the only major industrialized country without universal health care.

$213 a month here with $20/50/100 visits and $15/25/35 rx no deductible up to something really high, I forget. Then again that’s just for me through BCBS.

not to be a dick, but I have to wait long enough as it is when I go to the hospital…

keep it that way

your health coverage sucks ass and you pay more than the french do for premium quality.

I’m fine with paying more and keeping the wait down…BTW I am french so what you said doesn’t apply here.

like a french citizen?
That’s a pretty off-base argument that everyone should have to overpay for health coverage so that those with more money get treated faster and those without the ability to pay die off…

IF things worked out the way you think they should. I wouldn’t be opposed to having one hospital for community health care and another for those that pay for it. I don’t feel that is off base at all. I’ve been in hospitals down in south florida where there is a 4 hour wait due to not being able to refuse service to anyone where illegals come in with fake id’s/socials.

I just meant that I personally DO NOT want to wait longer than I have to when it comes to my health and I end up in the hospital quite a bit. I’m an adrenalin junkie so it’s expected that I’m going to need stitches etc.

FYI the longest wait I’ve personally experienced was up in canada and I sat in the waiting room for if I remember correctly 12 hours. Isn’t it just like anything else pay to play?

I understand. I think we need a government system that covers basic needs with the option to buy supplemental premium coverage that works in tandem with the gov’t coverage, for those who can in fact pay to play. Similar to the french system. It’s just not right when people have to pass on needed procedures because they don’t have health insurance and can’t afford them. Not to mention our ridiculous prescription prices.

I always did things myself, keep the goverment out of my health care. You want the gov in yours there are many others countrys that offer this, well its about 15 minutes away. I am for less gov interactions in my life, just me.

The US actually has the best doctors and treatment facilities in the world. We are also very fortunate in WNY to have some of the best specialized facilities in our very own backyard.

For those of you who don’t already know… the government DOES cover basic needs. Not only is everyone leagally eligible for treatment (the illegals mentioned above) but there are also state mandated health insurances that anyone “needing” health coverage through can receive (depending on what state you’re in, as this is state governments). So if you need it that bad… come to NYS and we will pay for everything!

We don’t have it so bad. If GM didn’t fuck up… mistroman wouldn’t be in this situation.

I did hear that $4000 from every new car sold was to pay for health insurance for people who don’t even work there anymore.

To answer a few ?'s
Wifey is now stay at home mom so no health care there.Don’t think ya seen me on any news programs lately Dave.Did they do a story on slumlords or something?
I’ve heard horrible stories about Universal HC in Canada.Not sure if it is the same everywhere.I know some of my tenants get pretty decent health care and contibute nothing to the system other then giving social workers jobs.
I can’t imagine taking the buyout as of now but if a few things happen I might.Such a big step but who knows what is going to become of GM after the Bankruptcy mess.I talk to so many people that say they willl never buy another GM product ever.

Universal healthcare DOES NOT WORK! It costs a ton, the waiting time is dramatically extended, the quality of care is dramatically decreased, people actually die waiting to be seen…yeah fuck that. That’s why so many people from Canada come to the US and PAY CASH for their healthcare if it is something serious (aka surgery etc), because they know it will be done right the first time and they wont have to wait for 2 years to get it done. ANYTIME THE GOVERNMENT GETS INVALVED IN FREE ENTERPRISE BUISNESS EVERYTHING TURNS TO SHIT! Look at the housing market, the banking industry, the auto market…government stpped in, said this is how its gonna be, and eveything fell appart.

LOL @ JEG “INVLAVED IN FREE ENTERPRISE BUISNESS”. Looks like the government should be more involved in educational programs, more specifically english literature and writing classes.

Jeg - Government involvement in the housing markets, banking industry and auto markets only came about after these “free enterprise” businesses screwed it up.

I do agree, that univeral healthcare does not solve problems. However, it definitely needs to be cheaper than it is now.

To answer your questions misteroman$$$ - my father was paying around $12,000 yearly to provide A+ coverage for 4 members of our family.

actually the government regulation and deregulation of certain parts of these businesses are what fucked them up. But any who, we do not need fully universal healthcare, what we need is a melding of subsidized healthcare coverage and private sector business. It should be almost like food stamps. You receive food stamps to help you afford food, but the government can NOT tell you what kind of food to buy. Same here. The government should not have a say in what Dr you have the right to see. That does not mean you can go out and get plastic surgery or something same as if you’re on food stamps you’re not going out buying prime rib every night, but the government shouldn’t be able to control every aspect of everything it touches. That is what kills a free market economy. It has to be a mixture of subsidized and free market healthcare.

i’m failing to see how the government fubared the auto industry???

well all the global warming bs telling them what they can and cant build really did not help. I’m not saying it was entirely government intevention that fucked it up, I’m saying it played its part in adding to a growing problem. If you havent noticed, I am all for small government.