anyone photo savy?

wondering if anyone would look at my photos and tell me what they think. im in no way professional but its a hobby and would like to someday maybe get into making some money off it it. thanks to anyone that does take a look. :slight_smile:

I enjoy the ones where the roses are bright red and the rest looks grayscale…

O, and nice use of amanda’s hatch lol

Gimme a min to browse them…

edit: OK, Really there not bad, Im assuming your shooting with a point and shoot, so that being said the quality is kind of a mood point cause its only going to get so good, but they appear to be unedited, that might be something you would like to look into, with a quick edit you can make your photos looks much better, but learning to edit properly takes time, another thing I notice is that it seems as thought some of the pics in the set should have been discarded, a good photographer knows whats worth keeping, even if its 1 out of a set of 100, try not to upload to many that look to similar, and if you have to question if it good or not, it probably isnt. so thats a few tips I’ve learned about processing your pics. now the photos themselves, like I said there not bad at all, but you’ll find its best to stay away from things that are boring, ya know like the one with the civic, its just very Meh and doesn’t catch the attention of your viewers. Now I’m going to sound as though Im contradicting myself but try and follow. Just using macro alot to get close to something, is usually the fist sign that the photographer doesn’t have alot of experience, it looks good, but sometimes you just have to know what style of shooting will best suit what it is your trying to capture, So basically just dont go right to macro of some crazy angle every time, learn to know what will capture the subject best. Dont take my comments the wrong way, some of them where quite good actully, it just seems as though your in the stage that I was not to long ago, you def have the basic skill to make it, ya just need to experience what works and what doesn’t, you’ll figure it out, hell I had to teach myself all this and it took forever and Im still not there. LMK If you have any basic question or need a few tips GL :slight_smile:

-Ian

The rose pictures are decent but like Ian said, you need to choose your photos wisely and be your own critic during the editing process.

Something else to consider is that with photography, you don’t want to give a point of view that any regular person can see just by standing in front of the subject. Then the photo just becomes documentation and has no appeal of art or design quality.

Get closer to your subject and don’t be afraid to work yourself into all sorts of positions to get a different type of shot.

thanks for the tips.
editing wise what program do you use?
and ya im using a point and shoot. working on upgrading tho.

I use CS3.

Where’s, shit, mental block, porsche guy, kind of an ass, umm, shit what’s his screen name… I think his name’s Mike? Goddammit, knows euro stuff better than most, fuck i’ve got to stop drinking.

Anyways, hopefully he’ll chime in. He’s posted some interesting photo critiquing on here before that I’d be interested to read.

Godammit what’s his name? Ginger kid I’ve been told, not that I’ve met him. Fuck.

MPD!!!

Phew. That was bothering the hell out of me.

Hahahaha. WOW.

HaHa yeah hit up that ginger bastard. Def forgot about the positioning of the shot, paulo makes a great point, I use CS3 and light room 2 for editing a perfect combo IMO

ew flickr is blocked for me at work