anyone rent m/t cars/truck in the area?

gotta teach someone how to drive :redface:

I’ve never seen a stick shift rental. Not even the Hertz Shelbys.

me neither. but a few people said they learned on rentals so i figured i would give it a shot.

The only stick shift rentals I have ever seen are those places that rent exotic sports cars for 500-2500 bucks a day not including mileage.

extended test drive FTW

yea srsly, test drive ftw

heh, i’d feel kind of shitty doing that to a new car

either way its not your car so why the fuck do u care

I taught one friend on a Mazdaspeed6, another on a RX-8… I feel bad for the the people that bought them…

I’ve never seen rentals with manual trannys.

Tought 2 people how to drive stick with my speed6…

Depends on if they got the recall done and got a new clutch free of charge.

Mine was done at about 7000 miles, and I tought 2 friends how to drive stick the week before. Thought I was going to need an axle or 2 with the one guy. 3000+ drops a handful of times, I was getting peeved.

New clutch a week later…under tsb…

What kind of car are you trying to avoid learning-damage to? Maybe I’ve been lucky but it’s been my experience that it takes a real bone head or fragile car for a n00b to hurt anything.

either her new impreza or my rsx.

i dont really care about the rsx, so that will be her first.

doesnt really bother me either way, just figured if i could put the abuse on a beater rental i would.

ya I would teach on the 2WD worse case spins the tires or slips the clutch…
AWD can be a bit much to learn on… and damage can get a bit more expensive…

Ive taught a bunch of people as im told im a good teacher/patient… I do the forword backwards 10x without stalling in the driveway to learn clutch control before i even hit the streets… then it just becomes how much the they pratice after they get the basics.

It’s been my experience that girls are way quicker to pick up stick than guys. Must have something to do with their innate attention to detail or something, and feeling bad like they’re hurting something if they make the engine get loud.

They’re your cars so it’s easy for me to say, but shit you’ve got a Subaru and a Honda. She isn’t going to hurt shit.