Anyone running an Innovate LC-1 unit?

Anyone running an Innovate wideband? Primarily an LC-1 unit?

Few questions:

1. How far downstream is your sensor located
  2. Does the controller throw error codes often or is it consistently in normal operarting mode?
  3. Are you satisfied?

I bought an Innovate G2 w/ LC-1 unit (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/g2_gauge.php).
It works fine howveer I found out that with gauge hooked up, it was messing up the controller (i.e. the unit would throw random error codes, and wouldn’t fail to properly run). At this point I just said fuck it and removed the gauge ( this was mid-2008 ).

Since then it had been working fairly nice, even after driving for a couple days since having car come out of storage.

However this morning I fire up car and the LED indicator shows no errors and normal warmup cycle, my AEM EMS is seeing a bogus # (i.e. its stuck at 21.90AFR). WTF is going on? I turned car off/on a few times but nothing gives.

I swear I have the worst luck with O2 units (to give you an idea, I went through 3 AEM UEGOs, twice sent back to AEM for repair, and 3rd time just had enough and got rid of it for the LC-1).

I had an issue with one throwing heater codes only to find out I didn’t ground the system wel. Seems to work fine now.

I’ve tuned lots of cars with this O2 system and it is among one of the fastest responding sensors on the market.

Its garbage… replace it…

The controller sucks balls.

It is quick though… when it works.

Dan, when I had the gauge initially hooked up, it kept throwing the heater codes. Even called Innovate who told me to heat shield it or put it further downstream. I haven’t done either yet, but eventually realized it was the gauge somehow tripping the controller.

After I took the gauge out, the unit worked just fine for several months.

I even re-did my wiring and grounded the device to a dedicated ground line on the intake manifold.

Yet this morning with no errors on the LED, my AEM is stuck on 21.90 (5v I guess). I’m hoping its a wiring short but I’ve been pretty anal about wiring since last couple years so I’m hoping it’s not an issue.

The LC-1 unit is great and also has a narrow-band so you can replace the stock o2 all together.

The LC-1 Sucks in my experience. Always having to pull the sensor to recalibrate - big wiring disputes on seperate grounds etc. Save yourself a headache and go with the UEGO.

jlee has this too i think

I went through 3 of them (AEM UEGO) already.

I really don’t care much for the gauge. I just need a controller that can reliably send a 5v signal to the ECU.

I had an issue with my LC-1 throwing an error code 9 (insufficient voltage) after I got stuck in a bad storm, lots of water got into the main controller plug for the 02 sensor. Went over all the wiring and checked for voltage at the unit with the car off and running all turned out good. Called Innovate and they said water can’t get into that plug because its a sealed plug, I argued and they sent me a new controller.

hey lucidsnow how bout you shut up… geeez… .blabbing my setup to everyone geeez man…

Just get one of these…

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-52mm-Air-Fuel-Ratio-Universal-JDM-TINT-Smoke-Gauge_W0QQitemZ330324519415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330324519415&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Well as gay as it sounds I checked all my wiring; both outputs are sending 5v once warmed up.

Finally decided to re-do the free-air calibration. Afterwords it started working normally :ugh:

I love the fact that this thing is accurate but fuck man this thing is real picky.

really picky is an excellent descriptor of the lc-1. When it works though, it works well.

I guess I spoke too soon.

Fired it upa few min ago and its doin the same thing again.

AEM is stuck at 5v and the LogWorks (Innovate program) is going beserk trying to read the analog outputs.

Fuck this thing