Wide Band Help

Hello Gents,

Well the time has come… I NEED a wideband! The one I’m considering is this LC1 which is just the controller and the sensor. I will be using this with my datalog it and I suppose I could hook it up to my megan A/F gauge as welll.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

What I am wondering is if there is a better product on the market I may not be aware of? I also would like to get this ASAP so if you know somewhere in canada I can order this product so I can have it with in a day or two that would be awesome.

Thanks

we use the Innovate LM-1 here in niagara.

its been good to us, Sasha used it and liked it.

iono why people use the factory O2 bung though… dont do that if you are running this permenantly. you’re supposed to plumb it further away from the turbo / heat, otherwise you will damage the sensor… Innovate instructs to install this way

Would I be correct to assume that the LC-1 is the LM-1 with out the gauge… and external box? I planned on using the stock o2 bung temp for some quick tuning but I will be pluming another bung into the downpipe for a permanate(sp) home.

Bing can you get me one quickly?

I use a Zeitronix ZT-2…works beauty

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

I was sold on the ZT-2 until I noticed for $279USD it doesn’t include the gauge…

LC-1 uses the same sensor and “program” to run that sensor but is a different unit than the LM-1.

The LM-1 is a nice piece but is awkward to mount in a car, more of a passenger seat/sitting on the dyno kind of thing. I have one, works great, but hard to keep an eye on it while you are driving. You can get around this by using the record fundtion and then looking at the results later on a laptop. However, I find that it is a bit annoying having to plan out when you are going to tune like that.

For that reason I bought the LC-1 with the XD?? gauge to mount in the car where I can see it (the gauge is only 1/2" thick or something so you don’t need a pod if you don’t want one). I figure that way when you do something you rarely do (up a steep hill or???) you don’t have to plan for it and look at the results later you can just keep an eye on the gauge and adjust accordingly. (I use the tracer function on the PFC). Of course there are issues with this too, you don’t get to go back and look at it. From what I have heard though the LC-1 will datalog if you want, I think you have to upload it to another device or something, I forget.

Not sure how the LC-1 installs/looks/works yet because mine is still in the mail. I can tell you though, the LM-1 is a nice piece, just be carefull with the sensor.

we use the LM-1 because 4 of us split on it and we swap between cars.

if you are talking about wether or not i can get you a bung quickly i would say take your O2 into the nearest race shop and pick one up.

i could get you the LC-1 but i havent bought them before really, i got my LM-1 brand new out of the US on a forum