Anyone running Z32/R32 rear brakes on an s13?

I got a few questions for those who actually have real experience. Does the Z32 TT ebrake cables work without any mods? Or does a custom bracket need to be made?

Are R32 ebrake cables the same deal? Just need a custom bracket to relocate the position of the cable?

I know there are write ups on import nut, but I don’t want to splice the ebrake cable or whatever.

Thanks!

PS: I want to use the R32 ebrake cables to save money, but if the length and lock up is shitty, I might as well order Z32 2+2 lines for the best lock up.

I used Z32TT cables with extensions off e-bay. Changed the crimps on the ends because I did not like the way they looked. Made two brackets in the driveshaft tunnel and two self tappers on each cable straight through the subframe. Works beautiful.

By no means is this brake set up good for locking wheels into a drift or anything like that. It is simply a parking brake. Works very very well for a drum/rotor system.

No idea about R32 cables…

u dont need it

my brake setup locks the rear tires at any speed

duckjai check your pm bro

Brand new Feddies in 235 are too sticky for stock ebrake.

Plus, what I want to try requires a better ebrake.

Z32 2+2 should fit perfectly right?

i had 245 falken 452s yesterday

and it worked amazingly

For what I want to try to do, stock ebrake won’t suffice.

I tried it on my s14 and it took too much effort.

it wasnt adjusted properly

all i have is hawk hp+ pads and a PROPERLY adjusted ebrake

How do you know if my ebrake wasn’t adjusted properly?

My ebrake worked perfectly mang

Had Hawk HP + all around.

Assuming you route them properly. Yes

Your running a caliper e-brake Peter. Not a drum e-brake. Right?

They work totally different. I know I need new e-brake shoes. Yet, tried the e-brake maneuver once…and it failed…hard core.

Get hydro ebrake and your golden.

duckJAI make sure you also upgrade your shoes… I’ve seen project mu shoes (which are probably much better than the OE ones).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECT-MU-PARKING-E-BRAKE-SHOES-Z32-300ZX-SILVIA-240SX_W0QQitemZ360155484770QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090516?IMSfp=TL0905161210010r37651

I’m sure that would help a lot.

Also, as far as the e-brake cables goes, you can always fit the Z32 2+2 onto the S13. There’s not splicing/modifications needed for that to work. The Z32 Coupe ones are too short. The R32 e-brake cable might fit as well… but I’ve never seen anyone with it.

I used 2+2 cables on my s13. These cables are still a bit to short. But they do work fine and just require a slightly different route then stock. and a basic bracket to hold them in place.

Oh snap, i didn’t know they had performance drum brake shoes, thats crazy, i think i m gonna look into finishing up my rear brakes too :slight_smile:

trust me… R32 ones wont work… I have them… spliced to to get them to work… only way… goin to go z32 2+2 when i can…

I’ve read from a few places that the z32 2+2 work without any extension bracket.

Then here’s a thread that proves that wrong:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=369266&page=1

How are R33 ebrake cables compared to the z32 2+2? Same length?

Just get the R33 ones, they work on an S14 so they have to be good on an S13. No splicing no BS.

The only problem is finding a set. I waited months to get mine from mynismo.com since they were on back order from Japan.

S14 and S13’s are different for routing the cables.

IIRC S13’s you can route through the subframe (which i did with Z32TT 2 seater cables)

S14’s you can not route through the subframe…