Anyone ski or snowboard?

i ski, i just like to stay on the trails, usually black diamond and blue square… i’ve got the snowblades too hit the mediocre jumps. oh, i go to jiminy, gore, i like windham alot,killington, stratton. its nice to have 6 free lift tickets to a few different places :excited

Your riding style is similar to mine… lemme get one of those free tickets and we’ll hit up Jiminy when it opens. :banana

I snowboard until the weak bones get in the way and end my season.

Jiminy, White Face, Gore are all fair game for a planned trip.

West is great for a cheap, casual, close night of riding in the dark.

I’ll hit a jump everytime, but won’t guarantee a landing :lol

Yeah West is alright for cheap skiing… beats maple ski ridge :rofl

The hill in my backyard is bigger than Maple bump.

They must make a decent profit if they keep opening up year after year… the hill is doing something right. :lmao

well, the free tickets are good until middle of december then it ends up being buy, get one free so pretty much half off… i’m gonna be going to jiminy on wed cause the ski club from my highschool goes and i wanna cause some havoc.

I’m always down for a boarding trip. I need to buy a new one when I get a new job though

I’m a skier, I used to ski gore all the time was a 4 year season passholder there but then I got kinda fed up with the place. They started grooming trails that should never have been groomed, and their destruction of the burnt ridge area that you could hike into and get some good powder turns in days after a storm to build their new lift and trails angered me. Also the place gets more and more crowded every year. I remember back when the straightbrook quad would barely have a line on a weekend peak season.

Now I have a Twilight pass to Jiminy so I can Practice my new hobby of telemark skiing a few nights a week, and I have a pass to Magic mountain which is the overlooked mountain in the Bromley Stratton area of VT. That place is great, it has a double chair and a triple chair and about 500 people is a crowded day. They have an open woods policy and a no closure policy. Basically any spot on the mountain is fair game to ski at any time if you feel like skiing it. Also they pretty much don’t groom anything above a blue square rating, which in my mind is the way it should be. They also have some pretty gnarly terrain to boot. If you are into riding park all day though Magic is not for you, their park last year consisted of a small bump of snow that I guess somewhat resembled a tabletop, and a mailbox. But if you know where to find it the real terrain park is the entire mountain. I also love the fact while you are skiing there you literally feel like the only person on the mountain.
Here’s some shitty cell phone shots of a couple of my favorite trails at Magic:
The first three Pics are of Red Line which is a top to bottom narrow ungroomed trail with some mandatory cliffs, and is my personal favorite trail on the mountain, the 4th is just one of their glades, its a fairly steep but open glade, its fun but there’s def better tree skiing to be had than whats pictured. I only managed to snap these couple pics one day last year, hopefully this year I’ll document it better.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/magic1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/magic2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/magic3.jpg

Oh did I mention you can go to Magic 4-5 days after a storm and its not un heard of to still find fresh tracks in the woods?

Yo hit me up, i’ll go! I’m always down for causing havoc / doing hood rat things :rofl

how much is a pass for gore this year.i got one for last year and went once :headbang

I Snowboard and Snow tube :excited

west stepped up their park though, half the time it’s better than gore :umm

And they have a chairlift that likes to fall off the wires. Last year the chair fell off and someone fell like 30ft to the ground or something like that.

well if I’m going for park I hike, I’d prefer snow nothing beats powder and cliffs to jump off imo, but sometimes it’s just not there, thats why we hike park features all day, plus I want lincoln flips this year. just need to man up and do it.

you guys are all crazy, mount snow all damn day…carinthiaparks.com…check it and learn something

we all know what it is, but having a house 20min from gore is the reason I go there, plus the ability to hit whiteface which is relatively consistant as far as terrain park maitenane goes. what’s your name?

shift518 mount snow road trip?
:banana

x-mas break! videocamera, terrain-park, epic-ness, shenanigans.

I cannot do terrain parks… i’ll try, but I will fall on my face.

im there at least once a week, so hell yeah im down