Anyone thinking or will be switching to iPhone 5?

And a lot of iPhone hate is because most people can’t stand Apple because its so successful and popular, great your wife has gone through 6 of them, so thats enough proving ground to say Droid is better then iPhone? Like EVERYTHING else in the world things fail, it happens, I can guarantee there is someone out there who has gone through 6 or more Droids due too failure. It’s all personal preference which phone is better and both sides can argue the facts all day any day.

A lot of iPhone hate is from users that couldn’t stand to deal with the shit problems they have. The standard response is, oh it’s because I haven’t synced the phone in a while… really? :lol

I doubt you’ll find very many people that have swapped an Android phone 6 times for HARDWARE issues. This is 3g/3gs and 4 by the way, not just one bunk ass model.

Like I said its all personal preference.

I’ve owned a Droid X and I first it was cool, then after the first update it went to shit, and the second update made the phone slow as hell (barely had any apps on the phone) and I switched the to iPhone 4, not once has it had an issue, been slow, froze up or shut off on me like my Droid did. So with my experience I wouldn’t go back to Droid.

For some reason, my wife keeps on buying iPhones. She just used to them, she admits that the phone gives her trouble constantly though. The last one was 2 days old and the internal speaker stopped working. Weird shit.

I’ve had my X for 1.5 years, and I had a Droid Eris for a year before that which I sold to Derrik. I will admit, I am an advanced user that doesn’t use anything stock – but my X has been on an OEM Gingerbread ROM since it was released. My brothers and my nephews Droid X are both on the stock froyo rom as well and they don’t have issues. My mother even uses a Galaxy S Android phone and she can barely operate a computer. :lol

So whats the deal with iphone apps? I heard you have to pay for most of them?

like i said i ghetto charged it and got to boot loader and still couldnt flash it back to factory. I didnt care much its a year and a half old, dont have the battery cover, the screen has been cracked for over a year and works like a champ. The phone was very durable.

HAHA With that said i just bought a droid bionic. Well see how this one goes.

ROFL, Mike you clown.

As far as the old fucked up phone, try using Linux to reflash, I’ve found that RSD is finicky.

The bionic is obviously faster than my old but holy shit on the 4g LTE speed. With 1 bar of 4g at my house constant DL speeds at 10Mb/s. Why bother with home internet.

wh3els has a Droid Charge and it’s fuckin’ retarded fast. He did a speed test at his house tethering from his phone and then using his Road Runner. The tethered 4g LTE was faster. :lol

3g was faster tethered to my ERIS than my roadrunner up there. :lol

LOL my RR was hitting 29mb/s for a while… then I got throttled back to 15mb/s :frowning:

i pay for 16mb/s now but i get 30+. I use to pay for 25mb/s to get the same speed. Charter has been great for me. My new phone can also transmit faster even over the home network as compared to the iphone 4.

This is with my home 16mbps line lol think this one was lucky.

and on my phone using the home network

my wifes iphone 4 on the home network:

iphail

Major fail today. It’s not much of an upgrade from 4, which wasn’t much of an upgrade from 3GS.

I might just get a Droid as a second phone at this rate.

How is it a fail? Much better processor, finally voice recognition, better Bluetooth, and a sweet iOS update. I’ll be first in line. No 4G is a bummer but not a deal breaker.

fail because android phones have had most of that (save the iOS) for months now.

it was hyped as the next coming, its the same phone with a different processor and software updates

The no 4G is a killer for me, I might just wait for the actual iPhone 5 to make its appearance. The iPhone 4 is good enough for me right now. Although the dual core processor makes it very tempting as it will be pretty damn fast.

It’s still lacking compared to competitive phones.

No 4G is most likely a deal breaker for me. Eventually I may upgrade, but for now, unless my phone breaks or needs to be replaced, I’ll still w/ my plain-Jane iPhone 4.

It’s also on all three major carriers in the US.

I’m looking forward to iOS indeed, but that can be had on any iPhone just like my 3GS.

I’m not sure what you mean as I assume this will have 4G connection being an upgraded 4?

I just don’t see how I’d get my money’s worth ($200 with upgrade or so?) coming from my existing iPhone that does everything I need it to do still and will run the newest iOS. Only thing to date that I’ve noticed is I can’t have the free lost iPhone tracking App.

Edit: Damn yeah, looks like no 4G

No, it doesn’t have 4G connectivity. It has HSDPA, which as they describe uses one antenna to send data, one to receive (Think DC vs. AC current), so it’ll be double the data speed it was. It’s not the same as 4G which Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T have along with almost all new Droid phones.

Differences from your 3GS:
Camera is much better on 4 and 4S, along w/ 1080p video capabilities
Display
FaceTime/front camera
Dual-core chip

Will it be an upgrade from the 3GS? Yes, very much so.
Will it be an upgrade from the 4? Not much, but still a little bit.