anyone want to hit the ice this weekend?

honestly, I had one of them that had 10 different settings on my last yz426 quad…and I sold it and got nice money for it. IMO, they arent really worth the money for the little power you gain

all it pretty much does is increase your spark a little and raise your revv limiter…when in reality raising the revv limiter on these doesnt increase power…just makes you able to stay in gears a little longer but sprocket changes do the same damn thing and only cost 15$ each/

does your quad now have a K and N filter? Lid removed? full exhaust and jetted??

even going to 18" tires makes a HUGE difference…thats all us motocross racers run…18" in rear, 20" up front.

then mess around with sprockets…1 tooth down/up in the front sprocket is equal to 2 teeth down/up in the rear…bigger the rear sprocket, the more accleration…smaller the rear sprocket, the more top end…

bigger front sprocket = top end, smaller front = accleration…

then you play around with the two.

snotty.

i think i got maybe more torque but hard to tell with studs vs no studs.

yours felt alot “tighter” i liked it

Wow, you retard the cam and make more power huh? Interesting. And thats alot of gain for those mods. I see alot of guys dyno tuning their shit. Sometime in the near future i wanna do a header, full exhaust, and an intake…hoping that bumps me up around 10hp or so

i have the lid still on, should i remove it?

the raptors make alot of low end torque because if their displacement…

but when it comes to mid/top end…their not there with the 450’s.

i have the lid stillm should i remove it?

yah…yamaha kind of “detuned” their engines from the factory so their would be nice gains when it came to mods…the cam mod is the most common mod for them to get the most power…

if you do a air filter, and full exhaust make sure you jet it to the specs as well…you dont want it running too lean when it gets colder out.

They make a K&N kit that replaces the top of the lid with a filter. I was looking into that. As well as the alum air box…

in these temps, if you remove the lid you will need to rejet or else you will be running way too lean

also, with a removed air lid…your going to need to clean your air filter much more often and use filter oil.

Yeah i have to look into the jetting shit. Never done it before, but I cant imagine its too hard. Just getting the right setup in there i guess.

they also have k and n filters and then you get the “outerware” its called that goes over the filter and its water proof…I had that setup on my 450R with no lid and it worked awesome…never sucked in water even during mud races.

you cau usually buy a whole kit with the right jets, air filter and full exhaust…

jetting is easy as shit. in the bowl theirs the jet and the needle goes through it…you can actually take off the bowl cap and take the jet out without even taking the carb off the quad…Its like a 6mm for the jet size

Wow, i do some trail riding through thick ass mud and rivers, so thats def important!! I was always real weary about crossing deep rivers and sucking up water

fuck it then. i wanna quiet down the exhaust though.

i got no baffles in it…

yea, i eventually wanna flip this and get a 400- 450 of some sort.

So they have pre-engineered jets/sizes for the mods you have?? That eliminates alot of bs!

taking the lid off is only going to make the exhaust louder…

I dont have a lid, or a baffle in my exhaust…

yah say if you go and buy a k&n filter, remove your lid and go with a full yoshimura exhaust, you call call up yoshimura directly, tell them your mods, where your located and they will tell you exactly what jets to get

I prolly have about 20 different jet sizes laying around…me and my dad always did our jetting by trial and error.

starts bucking mid/top end…feel a loss of power then the jet is too big = running rich

running lean usually feels like it has the same power everywhere…plus the plug will be white…

same thing as a car when it comes to jetting and reading plugs.

hmm, i’ll keep it baffleless.

i think i had one of the loudest quads on the ice on sunday. mine sounds pretty good imo!

Damn, thats awesome. I know the one night i was riding in the snow my head pipe was GLOWIN cherry red after some rev-limiter drifting lol