anyone want to hit the ice this weekend?

Real easy to get carried away. Shit, I spent $200 on custom levers for my quad. Shit aint cheap for em by any means. If I had a ton of extra cash layin around i could easily spend 5K on it. Chrome +1 swingarm, forged&beadlocked rims(BALLER!), motor work etc etc

yea, only reason i’m into this quad now is cuz thats the only fun thing i have to drive atm!

i’m sure in the summer it will be the same except i’ll have a fun car to drive hopefully!

Yup, thats why i bought the quad in the 1st place. Something to do besides drink during the winter

na I didnt build it…the guy before me Bought it from a Pro who built it, rode it a few times and then it sat in his garage…

My quad has over 22k into it…Just my front shocks and a-arms cost over $3k

putting money into a quad is like putting money into a car…you never get nearly anything out of it when you go to sell it…

My last 250R had over 15k in it as well…I parted it out and got 8k for everything used.

parts for these things ARE NOT cheap.

starter clutch and 52 tooth gear… 230 bucks! fuck!

but its small potatoes and it made up for the fun i had on the ice this past weekend!

:eek: Damn dude! How much did that tilt rear end set ya back??

i know shit aint cheap i raced them when i was younger but 22k!!! OMFG!

The swingarm i was looking at was about $1300 bare(and chromed) alone!!

i wanna get a brand new ltz-450FI and get a flash for it and leave it stock, WIN!

its the whole frame…My quad is based on a 250R geometry…

I have a PRP 250R frame which is one of the very very few frames that designes the flip top sub frame…thats rare on a quad because its expensive…

the frame retails a little under 3k naked.

o yah adam…Troy city garage has a MINT white 05 YFZ450 for 3600.00…

trade in your 400 for it.

That would be! Thats what i wanted, but the new ones are like $8100, for the limited edition!

Im thinking of flashing mine, but idk enough about quads to make a legitimate decision.

drew u still wanna sell me one of ur frames?

Damn, thats a good deal. Im a Suzuki guy though lol. Idk if i could do it!

yah I have 2 sitting here…take your pick.

have you ever ridden a yamaha yz426/450??

Smokin, you know of a good “tuner” to throw at my quad?

I was lookin at this:http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=2629&c=785&cn=M3Q+KFX400+POWER

Any good?

Cant say i have, just a 660R raptor.

i’ve driven a yfz-450 and your’s drew!

the yz 400’s, 426’s and 450’s have a 2 stroke like power where its a “o shit hold on” every second you ride them because they have a “5th valve” compared to all the others that have 4 valves…

on a yfz450 with just intake and full exhaust, you retard the exhaust cam 1* and you gain 10whp.

how did you think it felt power wise?