anyone want to hit the ice this weekend?

Nick and sean got some SICK pics of tjis weekend. And im def lookin to stud my old tires and get ready for the weekend. Andrew, what ya suggest for a good/cheap stud package? And what kinda spacing, i know there is an art to this shit!

Yes, sir- I definitely saw you on the SXR, yeah- we pretty much suck- got there at like 3:30~4, and wanted to get in a decent amount riding before it got too dark.

By the time we got there, all the other guys with the modded 100’s that we normally ride with had left, and, normally, being the only guys riding around the 100’s with bigger bikes and quads mixed in gets a little interesting… but after a little bit of getting used to the grip there- we were scaring the crap out a few of the guys with the corner entry speed- pretty much come into the turn cranking 5th, drop into 4th and rev the crap out the thing (not much there, they’re bone stock :bh:) until you get straightened out enough to grab 5th again… the oval was pretty good practice/warmup, but the TT course was so much more fun, even with the puddles!

Smokin- I think you were cruising around oval with my brother when you flipped into the snow- he mentioned something about it afterward.

And after seeing Nick and GermanPSI cruising around the oval- that just looked like too much fun, dammit. But the van probably would have sucked. :sad:

Hopefully we’re gonna see about riding down there again next weekend or maybe Round Lake, depending on how this impending snow storm turns out… and actually get to hang out and meet some of you guys. :up

usually the rear’s range from 200-250 studs each tire. If you looked at my tires…on each lug on the farthest on the outside, and the one farthest on the inside, I only had one screw…the lugs on the edge of the tires (outside and inside) you only want one screw or else you can push the bead off the rim when you corner from the edge studs catching too much…all the other lugs, I put 2 screws in each lug…

my quad hooked good, but could hook better but it was enough to lift the wheels off the ice.

I will take a quick pic right now for you…

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/P1040370.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/P1040369.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/P1040368.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/P1040367.jpg

I heard we are supose to get some warm weather/rain…that would SUCK, im hooked on ice racin now…its wickedfun!

Ya gotta help me stud my Dunlops!!

Yeah man def. gotta introduce yourself…I’ll most likely be down there again next weekend…I really hope the warmer weather holds off and we do get some snow and frigid cold to freeze it up.

what was your brother riding? the CRF dirt bike??

I went over the burm into the snow because their was a bike stalled in the corner and I was out of my groove so to avoid hitting him, I went over the bank and thats when I blew my radiator hose off…didnt realize it was off until I was back at my truck and my quad was idling high…bolt vibrated loose from my water spicket mount at the motor and popped off.

It takes me about an hour to do 2 rear tires…so we could do all 4 in about a hour.

750 studs (pack of 500, and one of 250) would be plenty for you.

troy city garage has them in stock of packs of 250. I think they said its 30$ A pack.

Yeah, we both had CRF100’s- there definitely were a few instances today where I almost bailed, trying to dodge a few guys on the outside of the turn exits. Ah, well.

Nothing bad happened to your motor though- right?

nope I caught it before something bad did happen. The only thing is I bent my 5th gear shift fork last year on the ice and I havent gotten around to splitting the cases since in motocross I rarely ever see 5th gear anyways…I have 5th, it just slips like a mother so I dont use it…I could deff.use 5th on that oval tho!

That was a blast up there

now we need the pics!

yah I didnt even know their was pics lol

Yeah AMD and PSI2high got some good pics!

Id like to see those pics here eventually

I doubt itll make its way here

id love to see them, sean got a killer of nicks a4

is it possible to fit a raptor 660r and a trx-90 on a 4x8 trailer… yeap.

gettin ready to go out on the ice saturday morning

holy ticket batman.

I would expect that from pete