anyone want to move to....

I lived in LA for awhile, Hawthorne to be precise. The cost of husing by FAR is much higher than out here(Buffalo). One thing that everywhere else in the country thinks is that NY is NYC. Not true!

Someone mentioned the hundreds of multi-million dollar homes in the hils out there. Not here! It was just last year when the very first residential house in the Buffalo area sold for more than $1m. Buffalo has median house prices in the bottom 5 in the whole country at $45K. Median home prices in San Diego is $477K. San Francisco median $657K! No way in hell are housing prices anywhere near the same.

Traffic 24/7 you bet! I lived it. I lived 3mi from work and it was a half hour drive each way. When I moved out I planned on getting to Phoenix the first night. I left LA at noon and made it as far as Riverside by dinnertime. Five hours around 70 mi, that’s it. When I go out to visit my sister I stay with my cousin in Castro Valley which is 18 mi from her place in Concord. On a typical day it’s around 50 minutes to get to he house. Yeesh!

Language barrier? Only if you get frustrated becuase you can’t even order a value meal at a fast food place because they can’t understand you and don’t give a crap if they do or not.

The community and people are different. They’re different all over, no kidding. I find that around here people are more into socializing with friends in larger groups. Going out is the norm. Out there I see people being less apt to just hop in the car and head to the local hang out. It’s just different, that’s all.

Automotive prices are actually about the same. I’ve worked on my own cars out there and I work on my sisters too and prices are virtually the same. Cars in a whole lot better shape though. Makes me jealous. Want to drive that modded car out there? Sure, try it!

The weather is super and as far as earthquakes that’s no big deal. I’ve been there when they occured and it’s like a train rumbling by. No news. Of course these were all tiny ones.

It’s not for me, but even though I keep trying to convince my sister to move back here she’s staying out there for sure. It may be for you or it may not. You’ll find out soon enough.