Anyone watch Candice Olson on HGTV??

Now being a car guy and a pretty well rounded guy I love watching her show. I really wonder how the budget works, do the homeowners pay for most of it or does the show pick it up? Let me go back for a second and elaborate about being well rounded, I like to tackle home improvement projects myself, I did my attic, deck, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, exterior, etc. I also have a eye for home interior. I like to tackle projects on my own instead of someone else doing it, I just dont think it would get done right unless I personally do it myself.

Anyway, I really like her designs, she has never dissapointed me or the wife. I know this is a car forum but there are some home owners on here that can agree that "modding: your home is just as rewarding. Anyone else like interior design?? I have a few projects coming up that I want to do, I am working on a “Pub” style basement, Candice loves to do basements. Who else feels gay for watching HGTV all the time, who else loves modding their homes? Ok, to many beers and Divine design, off to bed, thought I would share.

Holy gayness, Batman. No really though,my husband has better taste in home decorating than I do. And of every single show on HGTV, Candice is by far the best. We love every single one of her designs.

I’m curious about the budget and who pays for it as well. She doesn’t skimp on ANYTHING. Every single thing is top of the line. I’ve tried looking around to find an answer with no such luck. Has to be a huge budget regardless.

Word, does sound gay but whatever.

I tried looking and couldn’t find out anything about the budget as well, I really want to know who flips the bill. I hope I wiin that $75,000 giveaway on HGTV so I can have her come and do my basement/Bar.

I’d call you gay but…I admit, I watch HGTV as well.

Having a badass house > coming off a little fruity

HGTV is the shit, might be gay but oh well. People will see when they get a home and start t put money into it.

Who on what?

edit Is that really a dude?

Yeah shes a bird, tall as hell but can fucking set your place up like no one else. You should watch. I think I might be getting old.

I watch HGTV and don’t even own a home yet.

HGTV is on 90% of the time, DIY Network is just as good if not better because they actually go through each step and show you how its done. Check out DIYnetwork.com, they have step-by-step instructions/videos for any project you could ever think of. I totally agree modding a house is just as/if not more rewarding then the car. Don’t get me wrong I’m all about cars but after remodeling my entire last house myself (kitchen, bathroom, roof, pavers, paint, etc.) you get a different perspective.
As far as who foots the bill, they always make you think the homeowner pays for all expenses but I think the show throws something at them, but I’m guessing not much.
If you want some basement ideas watch “Bang for Your Buck”…show is based on 3 different individuals spend X amount on a certain space and they rate each one. One episode was showing 3 different basements where the homeowners put 100k into their basement :feck:

I did some searching around last night and found some answers on message boards…one guy had an old HGTV show, 24 Hour Design, put a media/theater room in his basement. He had to buy all the electrical components and the show designed the room and “donated” the goods in return for using the room for the show.

Another woman had Candice Olson design her bedroom. She said she was nervous because Candice has such high end taste, but in the end all the storage units, drapes/fabric etc. were all “donated”. She said the total cost was $40k but she only had to put $12k towards it.

Owning a House > Owning a Car…Anyday! lol why put money into something that goes down in value every year?