Anyone with fiberglass/carbon fiber experiance

wana help me in spring?:smiley:

Chaser Aero is the one who made my carbon t-tops, the only thing carbon on my car i have done is the gauge cluster. i am going to be building a carbon heat shield for my bumper too, since i just payed to have it fixed and don’t need the destruction that happened last year to happen again.

Ahh okay for some reason I thought you made yours…

only person i know that work on carbon is my friend that made this dash by hand

http://www.polkaudio.com/images/car/systemsPolk/20_24_big.jpg

that panel looks nice. that weave is set super straight.

While it looks amazeing in terms of Skill/Time put in

that is by far the most retarted thing I have ever seen

The shifter looks like its happy to see me… :retardclap

:gay

:gtfo

:cry:

u obv haven’t seen many show cars.

Yes I have, but when seeing that it makes it way to the top of the list…

im not a big fan of all show cars

what dose that mean?

looks like a ep3. cool for a show car…

I do alot of fiberglass car audio stuff, boxes, door cards, anything really. I also built an injection molding system, so I can pop carbon or fiberglass parts out of plugs.

I did a carbon fiber sun roof delete for a MK4 Jetta last year.

Give me just the glass panels and I basicly make a plug (mold) from the existing glass. Then injection mold carbonfiber into said mold. basicly reporduces the glass exactly.

Someone mentioned it above, there is fiberglass/carbon stuff and it does look exactly like 100% carbonfiber twill. I used 3 layers of that stuff 3x3 twill and one top layer of 100% carbonfiber.

PM me if you want and I can take a look at the tops and see what I think it would cost.

BTW, if anyone wants other crap like this, PM me. Bike parts, interior parts… anything really. The injection setup I have is just about big enough to do a sunroof or a door panel, but I am not doing hoods trunks and shit like that.

honestly man thats fucking awsome, if you want one day you can come to my place and check em out let me know

id like to replace the interior wood panels with cf panels RS6 style, think thats doable?

Shady, check your PM’s

VOT: I can do a simple overlay for these pieces. Becasue it is a pain in the ass to make the snap in mounts and what not.

Process is clean and scuff stock pieces. Layup one or 2 layers of CF and vac bag it. I did a few pieces for my Jetta and they came out great. I will even wet sand the epoxy and clear coat them.

PM me, and ill give you my cell number and we can work something out.

Shiny cf on the interior=nono

Matte finish on the inside is way sexier.

I can only think the glare from the sun would suck as well