Anyone with fiberglass/carbon fiber experiance

synapse…not sure if he is still making CF pieces though

you mean wet carbon vs dry carbon

+1

its really not rocket science. a flat piece like a t-top is simple as hell. you could probably do it yourself with a walk through folms.:up

Yea, i rather have someone whos done some stuff liek this before

best pic I can get of the t-tops as of right now

The epoxy is the tricky part. It isnt the cheap shit you use for fiberglass molds. The opoxy is like 80$ a gal, + 28$ for hardner. The layup time is alot longer than fiberglass resin and hardens in 4-8 hours. which means you have alot of error time, shit falling into it, dust, dirt, fingers… not to mention the chemical reaction is hot… you have to be carefull not to do alot at one time. If it gets too hot, it make tiny bubbles inthe finish and it looks cloudy. the epoxy is the hard part.

ohh and you need to clear coat it after the epoxy dries for a few days and fully cures. the clear coat resists uv and weather. without that it will yellow and could come apart if water got inside somehow.

I can make them if you want, just buy the materials.

so that beats out a hummer h2 with t.v.'s as headlights in an enclosure wrapped in l.v.? or it beats out having side view windows converted to fish tanks? or having your whole hood wrapped in l.v.? or a tv glassed into a hood? i could keep going on of cars that are worse then one with a carbon dash w speakers in it.

y0 son what abouts dem rimz with da screenZ

I’m pretty sure you cant inject carbon fiber into a mold unless it’s shredded :rofl

that sounds good. can you post some pics of what yours came out like?

idk, man. this looks quite nice

is it all in the clear coat? like in car paint?

matte CF looks like shit in an interior unless your talking a racecar

just clear it with a semi gloss and it will be lookin good !

im thinking silver weave and do it in SUPER gloss