Anyone work at a dealer?

Looking for a trade in value for an 08 vw r32 with 8,000 miles. Mint. Looking to trade it on a new evo.

dude, really?

edit: kbb or other various sites, or go to the damned dealer.

LOL

n/a on kbb and nada. Cars 2 new. Also its fully loaded! Nav and all. We drove a new evo yesterday and dam! She wants 1.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/nelnova/R32andbug001.jpg
Cars fun and fast, evo is faster and way more fun.

oh look… another i’m buying a car thread… :fail:

Maybe too new to get an accurate value. Trade values are generally based off of auction value…

A dealer will offer you at least 3-4 grand less than what you could sell it for yourself.

Esp with a brand new car.

I just like to go with an est value, i dont have time to sell cars nemore trade-in is so much more easy.
Also wouldent mind spending some cash to make the r crazy fast.

English is also

next time you want to set your hard earned money on fire, ie, buy a new car and then trade it in months later, give me a call and i will take your cash off your hands for you… :ohyeah:

:bloated:

So you are considering keeping the R32 if you can make it faster? With the apparent problems of the EVO and my extensive research(the one thread i read on here) I would see what you can do with the R32. I remember a turbo R32 out in seattle that was crackin high 11’s I believe. But I am not sure what is available for them or that year. Maybe a VW guy can help more.

you / your gf are the biggest impulse buyers ive ever seen, holy shit

trade in also reduce the amout of tax u pay…because u only pay tax on the amount after the tradein as opposed to putting money down and paying tax on the entire price… go to Ray Laks in Orchard Park, see Bruce Mauer

Honestly with that new of a vehicle, heres what you do!

1. Get the invoice price on a brand new one exactly equipped like yours.
  2. Subtract all Incentives (college/military/vw)
  3. Subtract about $5000 off of that
  4. thats about what you can expect.

http://zerotosixty.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

5,000,000 off?

$5000 grand!!!

yep, it seems like alot. But… look at it this way if you were the customer and seen this on the lot wouldnt you expect it to be $2000-3000 cheaper than a brand new one? YES, and the dealership will pocket the other $2000, plus they have to inspect it/pay bank fees/maybe put tires/brakes on it(probably not with 8k but they will say that).

just keep that and buy the evo

:picard:

you’re missing the point.