VW R32 is it really worth it?

I am looking for a newer car and something other than Subaru and keep coming back to the VW R32. But is it all that great and does the Halldex system work all that great and the biggest issue is what I am having trouble with is the used prices even on a 2004 model. How many people here have one or driven them and is it all that great. I love my A6 and has never let me down. Any insight would be great

My gf likes thses and I can’t figure out why,

no

$20,000 for a 5 year old 40K mile car just because there were 5000 made is ridiculous. its an overpriced, overweight, cool-sounding golf with AWD.
its also a veedub so reliability is in question.

no

If you purchased one of these, this is the letter I would send you.

Dear VW Fggt,

I hope you are enjoying your under-powered, over-priced, jv cheerleader driving pile of vw bullshit.  Omg! Doesn't the VR6 sound so good?  The answer is no....no sir, it doesn't.  The list of cars I could compile that are better and will always be better than the r32 would take far to long to include.  Sorry you wasted your money.

Love,

EvilJay

But for real, it’s such a novelty vehicle that unless you’re some sort of limp wristed VW enthusiast, it’s not worth it.

no.

is any VW worth it?

no!

they sound cool, plus theyre awd

idk, ive always liked em

i’d rather have a sti though

i like these cars alot. One of the best sounding imports imho plus its awd and looks pretty good. Any rare car is gunna cost more.

if you’re paying $20k you’re doing it wrong.

heres one in Rochester for $14k. I’d say they’re worth it.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?ct=u&car_id=258146497&dealer_id=2980828&car_year=2004&dealership_view_name=cdicarsales&to_price=&from_year=1981&search_type=all&from_price=&first_record=26&make=any&to_year=2009&sort_type=make_modelASC&pager.offset=25&cardist=5599

I dig em…

heated seats, awd, comfort, sound awesome with an exhaust, and the fact that its a hatchback is nice too.

20+k though for a 5 year old vw is a little much, they held their value very well, thats for sure.

are u fkn crazy? $14000 for a 95K mile VW? u are asking for the shaft:spank:

i’d rock it, but not for ~20g

i liked them a ton, they seem to hold their value very well but when it came to it i went with an sti. id say for that much green get an sti or an evo, i think you’ll overall be happier.

I like really like em a lot, but I can’t think of any situation where I’d spend $20k on one of those over a comparable Suby or Audi or something.

You would if you made out with dudes…

Promise?

i loved my ex’s r32, but not worth the hefty price tag.

maybe if you look into the new R20 thats going to be coming out…much better than the r32…

but sti would be the better choice

the new R20 is going to be worth the price tag if it compares to the latest prices of the R32’s. Finally the U.S. gets some form of a S3

the R20 was just an artist rendering, and won’t be coming to the US

If you can get a good deal on one, then I would say yes. A buddy of mine had one that he let me thrash on all the time, and that car was seriously pretty fun.