Thoughts on a vw r32

Hey guys am been thinking about selling my g35 and picking up a 2004 vw 2dr r32, I would like some in put if any1 has any pros or cons about this car Or has driven one

all comments are welcome

PM “original Drift Master” hes a VW guru

Wicked car, comfy quick and sounds bad ass. I hear parts are a bitch though and rust around the lower rear window trim is common. Common to bring in those cars from the United States as well so be weary of an untold past.

I love the sound of R32 :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdeyLRVTaU

i always liked the look of them. fwd though, no?

Nope the R32 is AWD and 6 speed.

3400lbs…

The r32 has 250hp but my g has 285 so it’s a loss in hp I really don’t wanna go less power but I want awd and a newer car, yea I have thought about the sti but if I had to pick one the vw looks better

R32 are so sick… chip and tune and you wont be out that much hp

DO IT, r32 for the win

Has the world gone mad?

VW golf r32 over a G35 coupe??? WTF?

Get your heads checked…

OMG what’s next? Toyota Matrix over a Skyline GTR?

And it all comes back to when I said you can’t get a good G35 for 20 grand. You thought you knew better, and now you want a Golf. Of course you’re gonna want to change it, you got an 03, the first year of production. Every year since has had major improvements in every aspect of the car. 03’s are pieces of junk compared to the newer cars. This thread would not exist if you had gotten an 07 or something.

i agree with Toronto240sx, if i had choice between a G35 coupe and a vw golf,. i would definately go with the G35.
But it all depends on what you want and like, if you like the vw get it

awd matrix are pretty sick actually. id grab one over an old gtr for sure.

everyone has a 350z/g35, R32’s are sick

lmao…

just like last time still think’s he no’s everything about a G. i found my 2003 g35 coupe M6 , looked at a total of 17 of them took me 2 1/2 months to find this one went all the way to waterloo to

and guess what i got a deal only 52,560 kms on it,and the guy replaced all brembo calipers,rotors pads worth $4900 than got my fuel lines done under warranty , and also got a new tranny from warranty with my sweet talk

so call me a guy, i like cars, and i like to change out my rides

Hahah. That is a funny typo.

I would go with an STi for 30gs.

DCCD, more power, better AWD, 4dr

why not grab an EVO from the US? WRX’s are good as well. But in thos cases its basically “same shit, different pile”. I’ve head good things about the r32 VW’s, but its biased…because I’ve heard it only from VW enthusiasts.

IMO, fuck what other people think. Get the car for yourself, test drive a few of em and find out what they are like. There’s a couple up here already. give’em a go and make your decision.