Guy in the NEW R32 VW on Rt 7

I’m not sure if he’s on this board or not. Has the 2008 Blue R32. Those cars are pretty quick. We were zippin around on Rt 7 and my car didn’t stand a chance against it. It was raining and he did have AWD to his advantage so couldn’t really get a “race” against it.

Just thought i’d share

did it look bone stock? or did it have an apple sticker on the rear hatch?

pretty quick cars and they have the best sounding motor evar

saw dude on 87 a few weeks back. i downshifted and he laughed :lol first time i had seen one so i had to fux with it. they are nice but i think the previous generation was sexier.

Agreed.

Saw him in rotterdam the other day when i went to amsterdam by Rotterdam square mall getting on I-890, towards amsterdam. he was beating the piss outta it around the corner, but so was i trying to keep up lol,

Heavy ass car but really nice looking.

I wouldn’t want one. Too many issues with the ECU.

This one was bone stock and this guy was beating the hellllllllllll out of it so it was probably the same guy.

Fixed for ya :wink: But yea the 3.2L VR6 rides very very high on my “superb motor” list

I was in my Dads car and was haulin ass with him from Osborne Road all the way up Rt 9 to Guptills. Stopped and talked with him for a bit…pretty cool guy.

Please…enlighten us with all of these “issues with the ECU” that are running around? :wtf

i wish there was a can of worms smiley for times like these

When in doubt I just pull up a chair…

I would imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagine Shawn has exactly 0 experience w/ R32’s.

I owned an 04 for a long while stock then modded it piece by piece…only ever problem w/ an evap. control module. No big deal. Emissions bs.

New R32’s have not had any problems…period. None reported to me to my customers. None reported to our service department. None noted on VWVortex.

I’m curious to know what I’m missing.

Shawn?

I’m sure it’s a lot heavier than your VR-4. ;D

I confused this car with the Skyline. My apologies.

Also, I reserve the right to take on Justin’s “challenge” at my leisure. Be prepared :slight_smile:

The car that I actually confused it for is. :slight_smile:

rubino, you park in albany, car on steelies? Maybe not…

anyhow, come back to your roots…How dare you get into a honda :nono :banana

edit: saw this guy on rt7 as well… girls 98 civic auto stood no chance, i was just trying to say whats up but i kept forgetting i was in a civic…doh! no wonder he bounced on me!

^^^ LOL @ the “roots” statement.

new r32’s are unreal, i would take one over a new evo or sti if to be left stock anyday. imho of course

i saw an r32 at price chopper today, it was double parked :lol

Nah, my car has alloys on it. I live in Colonie still.

I needed a dependable car for work. I’ll get another Volkswagen once I get settled into my house. I’ve gotta put the priorities first before I go getting another toy.