VW R32 is it really worth it?

From a performance aspect yes, but R32’s are very sharp and comfortable at the same time, but I must agree facilitating one thats worth buying is gonna run you 18+ and that sure isnt much of a steal.

depends on what you mean by worth it…
will NYspeed think it’s worth it? nah…
Drive one…that’s all i’m going to say.

I meant condition wise, as far as buying a pre owned car, ya know a performance models such as R32’s can have the tendency to be thrashed, so paying for a CPO or a low milage, clean and well maintained subject is a must IMO.

was directed to the OP.

ah :wink:

Save $6,000 and get a GTI, or spend the same and get an STI/Evo, or buy a G8/GTO or a Mustang GT or a Civic Si or a Mazdaspeed3 or Solstice GXP or Sky Redline or Cobalt SS…

The R32 is really only good for making someone who knows about cars look at you when they’re passing you in traffic, and having them think “Oh, a GTI. Wait, no, an R32.”

I swear some of you are just plain retarded when it comes to your perceptions of cars.

Care to elaborate?

Or how about a mini? They’re so fucking cute!!!

I like mine, but it was really more of a purchase of the right car at the right time at the right price. I would have jumped on a Solstice GXP or S2000 or E36 M3 if they’d been available at the same time at the same price.

Not that I’m unhappy with the pick, it was simply a matter of getting out of an old, automatic NA Subaru. :lol:

Ok this is an easy question to answer, do you like VWs? If the answer is yes, than buy it, you will love it to death and it will last you forever if you treat it right, and VW owners usually do(this is coming from a kid who spent the last 19 years watching his parents buy nothing but VWs), if you don’t like VWs, this one isn’t gonna change things, go listen to all the anti-VW dudes and enjoy whatever other car you buy, simple as that

I used to think you’re an idiot. Now its confirmed that you’re one of the more ignorant people on here.

ripp a Subaru , r32 is ok but the mk4 is just a heavy pig…

That new Passat looks pretty nifty

Mk. IV

i like them they are just overpriced… they sound sweet though, no doubt

I recall a certain silver s/c one at ecc auto-x that was amazing… that thing was stupid fast and sounded phenominal! Literally everytime the sound of the s/c began to scream he would have to shift almost instantly, it would tear threw the rpm band that fast!

But i heard it blowed it up =(

Well, apparently some moderator saw fit to delete a couple of my posts without telling me why, but I still think that you’re better off getting a GTI with a chip and saving a few grand. It’s not a great value over the GTI.

You do not buy a R32 because you want the fastest car out there, you buy it because you want something special and love it. You buy it because you want something different and understand that the value will hold and most likely be able to get most of your money back on it. You buy it because you do not care what others think of your purchase because all you are going to hear is “Buy a Sti or Evo Duddddeeeee”

no.