Anyone work at the dmv

I have a couple questions. Nothing crazy just want to ask a few things without wasting a trip there.

Why don’t you ask them?

I miss pauly… :frowning:

he was the best. ^

Because I call and they tell me to come in. No teller or whatever has time to deal with 10 questions. Not sure if it was someone just being an ass but I don’t want to spend a hour there to ask a couple things. Figured I would try here first.

So, ask away…

We are a cesspool of great ideas over here.

I’ll start with the easy one. My wife has a car that’s been insured for about 4 years. Well this last year it didn’t pass inspection. So that makes one or 2 years ago it failed. If she signs the title to me as gift. Can I go in and register it and then not hastle me about no I inspection for the past 2 years.

no one will hassle you about the inspection being 2 years old. sure they might bust your balls but there is no charge or anything.

It is perfectly fine to let an inspection expire. Happens to my vehicles all the time since I spend 8 months a year on a ship. I’m not home to get them inspected on time…

NEXT QUESTION!

If we do this one at a time, its going to take forever. Shoot.

they will only really give you shit trying to reg/ transfer a car if you let the insurance lapse while the car is still registered. They fine, or time penalize (freeze) the car for the same amount of time as the car was uninsured with plates on it.

you will be fine. keep em coming

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llxsozyMiH1qb2gjio1_500.jpg

What if the reg was up in February. But there are still plates and insurance on the car lol

That’s also fine. Registration can be expired as long as you still have insurance.

Thx. Off to the dmv next week.

are you unable to register the car because the inspection is not valid while it is in your wifes name?

After 2 years without inspection, either need a legit sticker in the system or surrender the tags and start over.