anyone work for goldstein?

Ive been having issues with them concerning a car that i purchased at the goldstein buick location. I purchased a 2008 grand cherokee limited from them and have been having an exhaust leak issue and they seem to either not know what they are doing or they dont want to fix the issue, just wondering if someone works there that can tell me what the hell goes on down there? pm me if you want to keep if you want as well. THanks in advance

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=31662

No offense but a thread here is not going to do you a lick of good. 10 people repling “yeah one time I didnt get what I expected”, “Yeah man, me too, same crap”"… and so on. Even if someone says Ohh yah go talk to Mikey well him Joe sent you he will hook you up… you spent 25K on a car there you shouldnt have to have strings pulled to get good service.

Either play the “I am a car guy and I think/know what the problem is, please fix it” route or the “Umm it makes a wispy wooshing sound from the exhaust under the car, can you please tell me what is wrong and fix it?”.

Like Ilya’s suspension nonsense… sounds like the same damn thing.

what is leaking anyways?

Almost positive it’s an exhaust manifold leak, from the research I did it seems to be a common issue with hemi engines, also broken header bolts. I’ve tried the car guy thing and I even sent my wife in to see if that would make a difference. And no offense I’d rather ask and get shit answer then not ask at all

Loud when cold ? Like a tap tap sound ? Most likely is the exh manifold . Highly common and a cunt to do on them . Make them do the exh manifold as well "replace it " cause it will be back in a year or so .

They don’t want to fix the issue at all

Goldstein is full of shit. Their lifetime powertrain warranty is also a load of shit. Just an overall shitty place to buy or service a vehicle.

Cut your losses and take it to somebody who will fix it. Your time isn’t worth fighting with those ASSHOLES, is it?

Technically its a emmisions issue , any exh issues before cats and shit offset the o2 sensor readings and cause issues . Call d.m.v and they will make them its a law if its under warr .

emission is an 8 year/ 80,000 mile federal warranty

ten four bro… I know you know your shit and figured you already did that anyway. It is what it is I guess, either dealers are awesome or crap I guess… that sucks.

Bingo. Again its bullshit that people need to know or have people who know this sort of stuff to even give a customer the deck of cards to play next… I never got it how they wont do warranty work or what ever and risk sending a potential car customer away for good. A few hundred bucks “lost” dicking with crappy repairs, isnt really worth not selling a $30K car for a few G’s proffit. But I guess you could say, well someone will buy it at some point so it doesnt matter… what ever.

Here is a good one while we are on the sub. Wifes 06 passat ate the cam, cam follower and HP fuel pump. Cooley where we bought it said it was out of warranty and was going to be $1500 out of pocket for the repair. Said fuck that and ill do it myself. Sent the wife over to Langan/Schenectady VW to get the follower so I could try that first over a new cam and pump. They took her vin to make sure the part was right, found it still under warranty, set up an appt and got all three replaced under warranty.

Now thats awesome already, but it gets better. I come with her to get the car and Mike (service manager) goes, “Ohhhh shit, I didnt know thats your wife, dude how have you been??? Any time you (looking at my wife) need anything tell us your Mikes wife and we will hook you up…” And he hooked us up on the spot with two other things I wont mention out of respect to them.

Moral of the story, good people going to good dealers and shops stick together… fuck the other guys that dont want to play nice!

81000 on the car haha just my luck. Thanks guys

Plaf call my work dude , we can do it cheaper than dealer with a new mani

the first time you brought the car in, did it have less then 80k miles on it?