Goldstein Subaru Rant

I purchased a car from Goldstien in July (09 Impreza 2.5i Premium), and wasn’t thrilled with ANY portion of my buying experience and when I got my customer survey form from Subaru I filled it out honestly and accordingly. Now a little background of the delivery day. My wife and I show up to pick the car up and its pouring so bad that we had to wait in our car for about 5 minutes so the rain would slow a little. Our new car is outside being poured on, Not a big deal but I would have really liked to look it over good with it being dry to look for imperfections or scratches etc. With all of the financing taken care of we are finally ready to go over our new car and see the features and all other functions of this new vehicle. Our salesman brings us over to a new Forester that is in the showroom and points out the traction control button and says that we have the same one in our car, and that if the snow is deep and we need the wheels to spin free to turn off the traction control. No shit! He then hands me the keys and tells us to have a good night and enjoy our car. He didn’t even walk out to the car with us, bring it inside the shop for us to go over it, NOTHING! WTF!

A few nights later as I’m out to dinner I get a phone call from the salesman asking me if I had the factory CD player for my truck, and asked a few other questions about my trade-in and then at the last minute says “oh BTW how do you like the new car”. Totally could care less about my purchase and just wanted to know about my trade for another person he had that was interested in it. That pissed me off.

Yesterday I received a voice mail from my salesman Bill regarding the Subaru Customer survey. He wanted to know why I felt that way and wanted me to give him a call back. I call him back and explained to him about why I wasn’t happy with my goldstien experience. The salesman had the nerve to tell me seven yes 7 times that he wished I never bought the car from their dealership, I was FLOORED! Could not believe the guy would say that in today’s economy. He also asked me several times why I even bought the car, at this point I was furious and I explained to him that I’ve bought 6 brand new cars in the last 9 years and have never had such a bad experience at a dealership.

I ended up calling and talking to the Sales manager about an hour after talking with the salesman and I explained everything to him. He told me that this is not how they want the dealership to be portrayed blah blah blah…and that he was very sorry and offered a free oil change and some services after I told him that I wasn’t looking for anything for free. I’m going to wait a few days and see what happens, then decide if I’m going to call SOA or not. Not really sure what I’m looking for them to do, I don’t think anything really. Its just bullshit that in today’s economy you would think that a car dealership would be on their game and at the least treat a customer decently with anticipation of another purchase/sale down the road. / RANT

Was the salesman’s name Bill Jones? African American fellow?
He’s a dope.

your not the first to feel like that with goldstein

i will never do business with any goldstein dealership. they did some work on my sisters jeep and called her up and told her it wasn’t worth fixing and she should prob just sell it to the mechanics friend. my mom slipped and fell in their dealership and multiple people walked right by her when it happened, never even asked her if she was okay.

Yea what was his name? My girlfriend bought an 09 Forester from that dealership a year ago. Just wondering if its the same salesman.

That’s the guy. How do you know him?

Bill Jones, I wouldn’t mind a new forester myself. Nice vehicle.

Goldstein

'nough said.

HAPPY HANUKKAH SHIFT518!

I dealt with that guy too. I was looking at a Legacy 2 years ago. I had to go in and ask about the car, and he couldnt tell me anything. Just said it was sold. He was more interested in my Subaru knit hat, than doing his job. You could report them to the BBB, just so other people are aware.

Tards.

When I bought my car new from Denooyer it was also pouring rain outside. They had it in the garage area and both my salesman and I went over the entire car before he actually handed me the keys and said “enjoy!”.

That’s shitty, I’ll be sure to use Goldstein for spirited test drives only.

Sounds like a good place to go and test out some new subbies AWD launches

That’s who I see when I want spirited test drives, and because he’s such a dope, he doesn’t ask any questions and just grabs the keys to whatever the vehicle is and off we go.

So far I or a buddy have gone there and test driven an '08 STi, '09 WRX sedan, '06 GTI, and '04 STi. Bill Jones didn’t give a shit what went on during the test drive and would tell stories about his family, share that his dream car being a 2dr sports car, and used the expressions “Yup” & “Mmhmm” once every few seconds.

Bill Jones does not seem like the customer friendly salesman at all, just wants to get back to his desk as soon as possible.

OMG!!! we COULD NOT stop laughing at that, sooooo funny.

Play pussy get F***ed part 2?

Yup Mmhmmm

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/abc/karen_sisco_photos/bill_duke/karen.jpg

last year me and pete went out to test drive a mkV GTI, The gas light was on. Bill said ohh nah no problem, so were driving on Washington ave ext and ran out of gas lol

speaking of which… do you plan on actually buy the 2010 GTI you 2 came and test drove or did you come over just to waste our gas?

EXACTLY the same thing I was thinking when reading this thread.

FUCK Goldstein!!!

Benny +rep (when i can)for beating me to it.

Most likely just came to drive it just to drive a new GTI as that’s what Petur was telling me

not surprised

my parents had an awful experince when they bought their pacifica from goldstein 5 years ago. they said that they would pay the first 2 months pay periods with the deal they worked out. The third month came and the payment was TWICE what they negotiated for. They were assholes after the sale aswell about the payments, and “oh well why did you buy it from us then, blah blah blah” etc.