Anyone work for Time Warner/ Roadrunner?

I know this has probably been covered a million times, but does anyone her have some pull with Roadrunner internet?

Here’s the deal, I live above my brother in separate apartment, but we share the internet. Recently, they up’d there rates and his gf decided she didn’t want to have to pay more for her share and she downgraded the internet. My brother and I decided that we will just put it in my name since I have never had internet before, I can get the discount.

Well I just called and the girl wasn’t giving me the best discount.

She gave me:

$35 for the lowest, normally $55
$45 for mid, normally $65
$55 for the highest, normally $70

For what we have been paying, that just doesn’t sound like a deal for me.

Call me cheap, but when I want a promotional deal, I’m gonna try and get it.

for each step there you can get it $15 cheaper per month through verizon for DSL. if your not doing uber huge downloading and streaming live video/tv…you dont need much. Verizon has an entry level internet package at $19.99/mo

LZ can get you the top tier at a SIGNIFICANT discount, shoot him a PM

:lol:

I can’t get anyone a discount STFU :-p

I have no idea what the pricing structure looks like jabbu might be able to help.

Between my brother and I, we DL movies and stream Netflix alot. Xbox Live is also being used so there is alot of activity to be accounted for.

edit- what really makes me upset is when I watch a movie from netflix on my 52" plasma and the quality is at one bar. It makes me want to put my remote through the tv.

Two people, a 52 inch plasma tv, and xbox with live and you are bitching about 55/month for Internet?

Yes. If they are going to advertise for promotions and first time specials, I’m going to get the best deal I can because it is a one time shot. Plus it is a 2 year agreement sooooo it’s not just a one time thing.

maybe they recognized the address

Ballin on a budget

LZ CAN GET YOU FREE DATA

I said I was cheap lol how do you think I got my tv?

Nick, I never gave them my address. I just called up and asked for their promotional rates.

time warner rarely gives you a huge deal if you’re only looking to purchase one service. they like to package different services like cable + internet so you pay more but it seems like you’re getting a better deal because you’re saving a lot more per service. for $55 a month they’ll probably throw you digital cable for $20/month more. i used to pay $83/month after all taxes for roadrunner high speed, a wireless router, digital cable, one hd receiver and one hd-dvr receiver. now my bill is like $96/month, but in comparison for what i get it’s still pretty low and i don’t feel like switching back to dish right now.

My mom lives in an apartment, I ordered the time warner lite service for her. It is $19.99 per month I believe, and is perfect for her one computer.

Pricing sounds about right (plus inflation since 3 years when I last had access to the system). You could get RR lite as that is something like 15/mo. but is not gonna fit your needs at all (dsl speeds).

Those prices sound right and fair to me, especially is that is 55 for the DOCSIS 3.0 tier of Roadrunner. Prices are comparable to Fios and the Verizon DSL tiers. Seriously stop being a cheap bastard pick one that you think fits your needs and go with it.

Shit I just looked at my FiOS bill and I’m paying 70/month for just the Internet portion.