Apartments in the area...

So I’m looking for an apartment. Preferably in the Niskayuna/Clifton Park/Guilderland/Colonie areas. Also it needs to have separate garage parking (meaning not just a big building w/ several doors for each car, but one w/ several bays that not anyone/everyone can go into.). I’d also like it to be in a complex… I enjoy neighbors. I’d prefer one w/ less minorities (not to sound racist, but I used to live across the street from a complex that had a huge middle eastern population and it smelled like absolute shit.)… Anyone have any suggestions?

Well they just opened up new apartment down by rotterdam square, im nto to found of where they are, but I guess there really nice aparetments… kinda exspensive thou, I think about 1200 maybe mroe a month including utils… which i dont remember but it may include internet or tv as well… not sure, but like i said, i guess theyre really nice…

have you seen my apartment? and the garage i park in… is that something your looking for or do you want a completely in-closed garage?

i know the mansions in north green bush are very nice and have an attached private garage plus the apartments/condos are very nice and it’s not full of those dirty middle easterns… (oh on a side note 2 hott ualbany lesbians moved in below me… i keep trying to catch them in the beadroom as i walk into my building and get the right angle to see into the room thru the blinds)

and we need a price range and a size too

My buddy lives in twin lakes up in CP and has 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, full kitchen, dining room, living room, fireplace, and a garage thats split with one other neighbor (2 bay garage for the 2 apartments in his building) Its a really nice place to live, quiet, they allow his dog, and they have smaller/larger units depending on your needs.

Edit, I think he got it when they were having a lease special for like 800 somethin a month.

None fit the bill around me in the Guilderland area, sorry.

No price range… I’d say 2 bedroom, but I’d need to find a roommate and I’m very picky as far as cleanliness goes and such… So I might stick w/ one bedroom. I’ve never seen your garages Brew. I don’t wanna be able to see the car I’m parked next to, pretty much. No shared garages.

Brew: IM me ASAP.

You might want to consider a private party.

There’s apartments on Exit 11 that were really nice and a place in New Brunswick that looked good.

I always liked Clifton Park area but the typical advertised lots were a bit pricey for what you get.

Save your money and buy a house. I could never blow $800 a month in this area just to live somewhere.

I’ve never lived on my own except for a month when I was living in NC. I’d rather spend $800 a month for a year on a bad decision, than $1500 a month for many years on a bad decision. This is more or less a waste of money, but also me testing myself living on my own.

There’s almost always return on buying a house, especially a 2 family.

You should try checking craig’s list and the newspaper for private listings on rentals though. You might find something a little less expensive and with a personal garage.

If you want a private, closed, attached garage you will have to spend more than $1000 for a one bedroom. Two bedroom you can get for about $1100 or so though. But don’t count on doing serious work to your car there. Some a$$ will complain and make your life miserable if you make the slightest noise in the garage, etc. Working on your car will NOT be allowed…

What area are you looking in? Let me know and I’ll recommend a spot. I’ve seen almost every apartment complex in the area with a garage and in that price range…

buy a house

Renting is a waste of money. Live for free as long as you can and save your money for a house. An apartment like what you’re looking for will cost a good amount of money unless you want a shit hole apartment with a garage. I’m looking to buy my first home this spring/early summer. I’ve been renting for, oh god, 6 years now… :confused

don’t be a sissy ;D just buy a house mang, what’s the worst that can happen? you go back to apartments! besides it’s nice when you can fit 5 to 6 cars indoors :cool

Price isn’t too too important as long as it’s not super outrageous. I don’t need to work on the car at all in the garage, just wanna keep a car in there in the winter and such. Looking in CP, Guilderland, Niskayuna, Latham possibly, Colonie… That general vicinity.

you know my suggestions already… now it’s time to make some calls and look at some places

Yep. I personally had better luck with private owners. Just be careful of slum lords.

You guys missed his totally rational reason for wanting to rent for 1 year.

Re: house. Whats the worst that can happen? Uh…you lose a shit ton more than you would have saved/made? 98% of the time, house is a long term purchase which he doesnt know if he wants to do yet.

my sweet duplex usually has someone getting booted. its a 2br, big 2 car garage. in colonie. if i see the for rent sign come up on either building ill let you know.

not if you do your homework. Buy something, every house needs SOMETHING. make the improvement, stay there a year and flip for profit.