Apexi AVC-R or HKS EVC-5

I personaly like the Greddy electronic boost contoler but I like it for the wrong reason, I like it because I can get it for cheaper then the Apexi AVC-R and the HKS EVC-5 but I thought maybe if I can spend a little more I can get what I realy want if the price is right.

So here is my question to you guys:

Which one would you chooes for an SR20DET

Apexi AVC-R or HKS EVC-5 ???

And why?

Greddy ProfecB becsaue I am Cheap!!

I have the AVC-R…works flawlessly.

When I bought it I didn’t even consider any other boost controller…

considering the amazing price on AVC-R’s right now in phil’s group buy, I’d go with that :slight_smile:

check GB section

buy the avc-r from dip…

I was gonna get the Greddy because it’s cheaper too but then I thought for a little more I can get something that I really like, looks better and has more features.

Thanks Varun, put me on the spot why don’t you :lol: .

I have an AVCR and I LOVE it. I have had experience with the new HKS EVC and although a very solid unit, the AVCR cannot be beat IMO. The interface is simply stunning.

Hey John, check this out, maybe it will help you decide better…

my avcr owns me

lol yea be prepared to read a ton if you get the avcr…

theres a lot to that ebc…

GT

ya, i read all the reviews and I think they were Very please with the GreddyB becasue of the simplicity/ how well it worked and the prcie

I’d buy this if I were baller : http://www.world-motorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=345

:mamoru:

Other than the touchscreen hotness - the AVCR does all that…

Okay guys it’s all down to price now. I like all three the Greddy, the HKS and the Apexi and they all do the same crap prety much so now it just boils down to price and that’s it, who ever can get me the better price, that’s the one im buying.

I’m grabbing an HKS EVC4. For about $200-$220USD you can’t go wrong
for a slightly used one. :dunno:

You aren’t going to find anything new until you hit $300USD+

bare in mind that none of them will be able to work to their full potential without running an external wastegate.

internal wastegates are inaccurate i guess, iono how to explain it but things like boost creep and other problems will still arise unless you run external wastegate like Dan (happy240sx) is doing.

if you are going to stay with an internal wastegate you might as well get the cheaper one because all the wonderful accuracies and features of the HKS and AVCR will be wasted because you wont be able to take advantage of them.

Are you sure that they will not make that Wastegate more accurate??

i think that sportcompact car article should explain a little bit about why internal wastegates are inherantly inferior to external wastegates and that most of the EBC’s are designed to work on external WG’s, not internal ones.

O no I do not dissagree with that, just that the more accurate features of the better EBC’s will help moreso correcting the not so accurateness of the internal wastgate

I’ll show you’s all up with my custom home made electric boost controller, controlled via a + and - button on my steering wheel 8)

bling bling