Apparently, my car is rice, what do you think?

There is a fine line between personally enjoying the way your car loks and vanity…find a comfortable balance and run with it.

I’m sorry, I must apologize, in actuality, this post was created as a slap in the face to someone who just outright lied and slandered me to people…

I know what I have, and believe me, I know enough about rice to not even consider myself owning it…it was more of a joke between me and couple of other board members to call out a liar…sorry.

…but it honestly does create an interesting topic. (that may or not be have discussed ad nauseum on this board?)

What really is rice and who decides what it is?

Does it only apply to aesthetic mods? Or can a whole car be deemed rice.

What if the car is disgustingly fast but looks like ass?

For example, what if the PMR 240 (shudder) was actually quick…by quick, I don’t mean a stock SR, I mean a 550HP daily driven :wink: beast?

I still think it’s rice, but why?

So…does rice just mean ugly?

Rice is generally supposed to be the all-show, no-go car. Low quality and pointless stuff on a slow car to make it look fast or like something it’s not. Like GT-R badging a stock 240sx or VTEC/Turbo/AMG (eek) decals on a Honda that doesn’t have it. Like putting little things on your car and claiming WAY too much HP out of the mod. Others are things like wheel offsets, neons, bolt-on huge exhaust tips, etc…but whatever.

If a car is really fast and looks like crap, it’s not supposed to be “rice”.

Generally it refers to “looks” mods with little or nothing to back it up.

My friend’s “Grandma” Dodge Shadow looks stock and runs 12’s. It’s ugly, in general. But, it’s not rice in my books.

Now PLEASE, no more talk about what rice is!! I’m so tired of the concept of it as a whole!! :?

thats nowhere near rice man, somehow my car got riced on its own, from the moment crappy tire had no black shift boots and i needed to buy one so i got the red one, and then i decided to paint my scratched up center console panel gunmetal, and then since my panel illumination doesnt work i bought a a light from one of the chinese stores, now my car inside looks like a disco room =\ its starting to get to me… I NEED OEM PARTS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :’( lol

that aint rice
my car is rice

i saw your car today and someone said something about rice and i was thinking what the hell are they talking about

your cars fine.

Hahaha…what? No comments from the Wankel obsessed crybaby, tantrum thrower of SON240SX.CA?
Rotobaby…where are you? Attack Ronnies car, please!

Tek

Of course your car’s rice. It’s a 4-banger piece of Jap-scrap. I’d totally replace said heap with a turbo’d 1982 Firebird in NiteRider black…or at least a Real beastly N/A MK.III Supra with automatic tranny and a set of blingy wheels. Get a real wangan monster!
If you ain’t got the parts to do 250-300 races all night then re-think your strategy.
Tek

PS. :roll: :lol:

now you see, doing an AERO INSTALL on a stock 240 with painted wheels IS rice. the way your car is sitting right now, i wouldnt call it rice, but aero on a car with only a no name intake and fart can will surely be called rice.

now you see, doing an AERO INSTALL on a stock 240 with painted wheels IS rice. the way your car is sitting right now, i wouldnt call it rice, but aero on a car with only a no name intake and fart can will surely be called rice.[/quote]

It’s got stuff coming for it all the way from People’s Republic of China as well. Bit by bit.

It should make all sorts of funny noises by then. I lcan’t drive this car the way it sits any longer. I out my foot down and I think somehting is wrong with it. :cry:

speaking of rice, what doyou think of what i snagged at the autoshow…

rice or not? i really liek it

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/704000-704999/704233_89_full.jpg

Looks like you’ll get great leverage in the 1-2 and the 3-4 shifts!

I’m not a bg fan of metal shift knobs, so I like.

I personally prefer the leather wrapped round ones though. (preferably weighted inner)

My car has megan racing coilover, z32 front brake, whiteline f/r sway bar and stock KA engine - is it rice? if i go rims before swap is it rice? who cares - do what u like!! :slight_smile: btw is that an automatic shift nob? not really feelin that…

Here be a REAL man’s shifter…

http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10673/Dscf0025b.jpg

Right Sasha? :wink: (I think he has the same one as myself)

Is that a razo?? drool :shock:

Ronnie I think you’re all rice. I’m going to PM you and challenge you to a “Zero-Yon” race. Or maybe I’ll just roll up to your “Team” when we’re all at some car park and throw down the wangan gauntlet…you know, 250-300km/h?!

Or maybe I’ll just PM you a bunch and threaten you with bodily harm if I see you. I will proceed to call you stupid in my adopted tongue…Japanese of course “Aro yu ai punkass …des?”

DFJ, that’s a sick knob, I love it! average player, yours looks good, isn’t rice, but I just don’t like the feel of those shift knobs. I want to feel a nice big ball in my hands :smiley:

Tek - Can you say sore loser?

Cheers guys, went with real leather on the shifter boot and e-brake, and yes, a RAZO knob.

Call me traditional, I like the “classic” look. :slight_smile:

I just noticed u have the same deck as me too lol. I had it in the celica and was thinkin of getting a new one for the 240, but when the celica went, i pulled it out and will be installing it as soon as midterms are over and I have time.

There’s only one thing that makes the perfect shift knob.

http://240sx.cubicdesign.com/images/misc/potatoes.gif