Apparently, my car is rice, what do you think?

The reason I ask if you guys think that my car is riced out and trashed up is that I recently recieved a PM stating that 5 or more SON members have been trash talking me and my car asaying I trashed it and Rice it out.

The reason that it matters to me is that while I own a 240, I wil have dealings and conversations with other board members. When someone deems you to be a “ricer” and a “trasher” of cars…it makes a difference in the way they view you and respond to you. Therefore, I would like an idea of whether or not I am dealing with people who actaully think that I am a ricer. :smiley: I know I treat people differently and sometiomes poorly after I have “judged” them and also know that many of you are the same. This may not be right, but it happens.

Anyways, here are some pics from today and a STILL from a movie made on Friday. Lemme know if it rice and some suggestions on “how to unrice” it. :smiley:

List of mods.

-GR2’s.
-Sportlines.
-No name muffler.
-Megan SS. (Added after bought)
-Winter tires. :roll: (Added after bought)
-No name short ram intake.
-Bouncy dashboard monk on shifter plate. :slight_smile:

By no means is it a “pimp” ride or a powerhouse…it’s a stock 240. lol.

Rice or no Rice?

The Still:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ronnie416/yah1.jpg

The Front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ronnie416/yah-2.jpg

The Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ronnie416/yah-3.jpg

The bouncy monk:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ronnie416/yah-5.jpg

The Speedhole
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ronnie416/yah-4.jpg

Any help to unrice appreciated.

Well I don’t see any Uncle Bens man.

Your car looks fine to me.

1. Ditch the monk (unless it’s got religious/spiritual benefits)
  2. Fix the rust
  3. Clean/wash your car
  4. ???
  5. Profit
  1. It’s my G meter. Can’t ditch it…I love to fondle it while driving too. It’s sex.
  2. Rust is being fixed in spring with Aero install.
  3. Washed it THOROUGHLY on Friday (15 bloody dollars at the self one:( )…salt drifting does that. :frowning:
  4. ??? I agree
  5. None of that for me, Operation Deficit for me.

ppl say its rice prob cuz it doesnt look like u have any performance mods and what budget mods that u do have dont really do anything other than give u some spiritual support (monk). other than that your car looks dirty and stock. hope all the aero works out this spring.

This post is more of a tongue in cheek thing as the people on this board who would even contemplate calling this car rice must be on crack :)…and I wanted to see if you were ALL on crack. lol.

Ditch the Gold Rims…

Should have added…soon to be black, last owner painted them…he didn’t even take the weights off first. :roll:

Who cares what other people think, your car is fine and you come across to me as a cool guy so whatever man…

Clearly He Does… :roll:

The only reason that it matters, is that I buy and sell stuff like mad…cred goes a long way with that stuff. :slight_smile:

Clearly He Does… :roll:[/quote]

The only reason that it matters, is that I buy and sell stuff like mad…cred goes a long way with that stuff.

…And yes, I get all my self validation from how strangers on the net view me. I really do. :slight_smile: My self esteem relies on you guys. :slight_smile:

Bottom line. Money is the reason. No one takes a ricer seriously and will not deal the same way in a finiancial or serious situation…

ie, trackdays, selling stuff, cars, bikes…the list goes on.

Looks pretty stock and normal to me. As to the whole rice thing… There are people on this board with riced out cars, I would still buy things from them if the price was good, just like I would from anyone else. I don’t think any less of someone if they have a rice’d out car.

i don’t see any rice nor do I think your car looks “rice’d out”. And anyways, who cares what pple THINK, it’s your car and you should do what makes YOU happy with the car. Remember, it’s YOUR car, not the people who trash talk about it. btw nice car, and yeah that monk looks kinda weird lol

I have non flush rims, blue LED’s, 5" Muffler Tip and a Mad Tyte System in my car…

Some think it’s Rice some think It’s nice.

What you do to your car does not reflect how you are as a person.

It’s all self image not “car image”.

If you talk/act like you are 4 years old you get treated like you are 4 years old.

Ideally, you are correct. In reality, many are not at a stage where they can understand it.

Look at it this way…it’s important for a shop to have a well built car as their flagship as it is their representation of their shop, business etc. Ie, shop has rice car, most of the time, they sell rice things and only rice things. Shop has fast car and well built, chances are they can build a fast car and build well. That’s my point.

This is a car forum, the only thing many people will have to go by, is your car. Anywhere else in the world, it does not matter.

Maybe, i’m just too focused on business. :oops:

It’s the truth, but you are the worst judge of your own car.

You can say you do this and that to it because it’s your car and you want
to do whatever makes you feel happy.

But in actualty, you are doing it, to please everyone else (I hope I don’t
speak for everyone else with this statement, but it’s just my guess).

I’ll be the first to admit that a lot of things I do, I try to do it so that my
car, looks ‘good’ to everyone else, before it looks good to me. But then
again, I haven’t done much aesthitically so I can’t really comment on that.

I am one of those person who loves to gloat from the comments I get.
I mean, who doesn’t? Makes you feel good don’t it?

Meh, that’s just my story. I hvaen’t seen your car in person, but from the
pics it looks pretty normal to me. The gold wheels will obviously throw
you off if upon closer inspection reveal a shitty paint job. :lol:

I’m one of those crazy people that have a vision in their heads of exactly what their car will look like when done. No matter what people think of it, I’m staying by it 100%, it’ll be a black hatch with mild aero, black rims and heavy black tint. Headlight conversion to non pop-up and that’s about it. Things that are rice… I’m putting on the LOUDEST BOV I can get my hands on and I want to run a test pipe instead of a cat so that flames shoot out of my exhaust when I shift. I don’t particularly care if people call me a ricer and a loser over that, I’m still doing it. There’s nothing I love more than the sound of a BOV and I think backfiring is t3h sex.

N/C on the stock 240sx

Regardless rice has turned into an opinion rather then a forumla. One mans rice could be anothers fine gold.

Rice is subjective and more in the owners intentions rather then the mod. Also rice is so overused it’s now a weaksauce burn.

whatever makes you happy, and whatever you like, ‘do it.’ It doesnt look rice at all, and honestly you should have already known that without asking the question and just had a good laugh about it…But i guess we all wonder sometimes…Like myself I wonder about the colour of blue that my car is, and i think to myself…isthatrice? But something else inside me likes it so w.e