Apple being sued again *false advertising*

http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/news/314121-apple-ad-banned-misleading-viewers.html

here is a lot of heat concerning the iPhone right now most recently a lawsuit being filed against Apple for false advertising and countless questions about reception issues.

The latest installment problems comes from an Apple ad shown in the U.K. At least two people complained to the ASA (UK’s Advertising Standards Authority) that the iPhone commercial was misleading because of the wording “all the parts of the internet are on the iPhone.”…

so flash does not work … big deal its a dam phone… im sure they will come out with a v6 and it will work then

its not about compatibility. Its that apple doesn’t want to pay the rights/royalties for flash on every phone it sells

my dad said it drops call a lot, something about going from a 3G tower to a non-3G tower

oh i did not know you have to pay for that stuff… well i can see the issue then

well, I guess it’s apples fault somewhat (from what I’ve read in the past). Adobe wanted to make a flash plugin for mobile safari, but apple didn’t want to do it as they haven’t come up with an easy solution to control it with a touch interface since it’s designed to be used with a keyboard and mouse.

This was early last year though, so that may have changed. Either way, I would love to see it on the phone eventually but due to the technical challenges, I’m not holding my breath.

I drive between Amherst and Tonawanda a lot (3g vs Edge) and haven’t had any issues. I have noticed that it still seems slow to jump off 3g onto Edge when I’m on the fringe of 3g coverage for internet, like when using google maps navigation.

The iphone is designed to hold onto a 3g signal as long as it can, even if your in a stronger edge signal area.

Yeah, my problem is when I’m driving down NFB and the map isn’t updating, I have 0 bars but says I’m on 3g, keep driving for a mile or so and suddenly it snaps to 5 bars of Edge and the maps start loading again.

They still need to tweak that switching logic in the firmware.

That is my biggest problem. I thought the new firmware fixed it but it sucks still. If I have a shitty quality call, I look and I am in an area where 3G fades and it hasnt kicked to edge. Driving to Depew from the City I dropped calls on the original 2.0 firmware. Havent really had a chance to test the 2.0.2 firmware with this switch over.

Looks like the all mighty iPhone has some flaws after all.

why does everyone bash apple???

lol sorry, couldent resist.

this is why we can’t have nice things.

I like the thread title because, without the “again” we might have thought this was the first time somebody through to sue apple.

well, in recent months they’ve been in the news quite a bit with lawsuits surrounding them. Figured the grammar was appropriate

iGrammar translation

Apple being picked on, false claims of false advertising

:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s funny, my BlackBerry is more internet capable than the iPhone and they don’t even make stupid claims like that. Not that I’d ever get an iPhone but I was kinda jealous they had flash…but they don’t LOL

ohh yeah id be bragging also if i had to use BES

:uhh:

explain more internet capable?

“Apple being picked on, false claims of false advertising”

is that like a double negative? :stuck_out_tongue:

there is a specuated firmware update within the next 2 months. 2.0.3 is suppose to have a reengineered tower switching algorithm.

AT&T doesnt want there reputation of the fewest dropped calls to be ruined by one device.

its easy to have the feweset dropped calls if the phone dosent even work everywhere to begin with.

smaller the coverage area the smaller number of calls to drop.