Apple does it again! iPhone 5

When is iOS 6 being dropped?

My only thing is how many people actually use there phone to its actual capabilities, I am willing to guess less then 10% of the people on here do. Whether an iPhone or Droid you guys crack me up about how you argue “oh but my phone can do this and yours cant” when in reality you probably never use that feature on a daily basis. Hence why I use an iPhone, its simple, to the point and does what I need it to do. Which is have access to the internet, sends texts and I can make phone calls, and the occasional use of certain apps.

Will be waiting for my contact to end soon and ill be scooping this up ! I love my iphone!

iPhone and Apple FTW.

I have had my 3GS for a few years now (since it came out) and had nothing but good experiences. Most of the posts and site work have been done from the phone.

With that said, when 4 came out I wasn’t that impressive with “new features” compared against other brands, and it didn’t seem like much of an upgrade for me. 4S came out and it was a marginal approvement over the 4, I didn’t upgrade. 5 is coming out now and all the features that will be better than my 3GS can be had by other phones. I love my iPhone but I honestly dont believe I’ll get more features and improvement getting vs other droids.

Having two phones I think I’ll be better rounded with a new droid and 3GS than 5 and 3GS. But that’s in my situation. If I didn’t have a phone now and I only wanted one phone, it would still be apple without a question.

Slammed my 4S in the hatch of my car on Monday. Didn’t crack the screen and its not in a case. I will not be upgrading soon though. Mine still works like the day I got it.

Anyone selling a iPhone on a Sprint plan ? I have a evo and loved it till I got the wife a iphone 4 and saw how much better it was . Hell I thru the iPhone into a wall "put a hole in wall " and phone is fine .

just for comparison, ive never had an iphone returned for any type of malfunction in the past year ive worked in the cellphone industry. ive had numerous other makes come back for anything from bad battery, glitches, and hardware problems.

now if i were to get an adroid phone, it would easily be the Galaxy S3. Samsung is where it’s at for cellphones other than Apple.

ill be waiting on picking up the 5 since ill be going to ATT when I leave the company and cant get my concession line anymore. until then, ill be happy with my 4s.

iPhone and Apple > Just about any other competitor.

Phones are more than just their hardware and software, and because Apple iPhones are the only iOS phones, they have the best integration of the two which is one thing that helps Apple immensely. I’ve never heard anyone bitch about hating their iPhone. Ever. I’ve heard numerous bitch about their Androids and how they have to get a new phone every year because their phone is crap. My old 3GS still works phone, along with several other people I know still using their 3GS which was introduced in what, 2009 or 2010? Aside from those old Nokia phones, I don’t think there’s much else lasting that long before people NEED to upgrade.

Say whatever you like about Apple, but numbers don’t lie. Their stock closed at $90/share at end of 2008, $211/share on 12/29/09, $323/share on 12/27/10, and $405/share on 12/30/11. They closed at $680/share today. Please find another company that is seeing that constant growth in a recession. Their revenue hit over $100B in 2011.

Google (owner of Android since 2005) was at the following share price at the beginning of each year, starting in 2005 until today:
$196 (05), $430 (06), $502 (07) , $564 (08), $339 (09), $530 (10), $600 (11), $580 (12), and $706 today. Their revenue in 2011 was just under $38B. Over 7 years they look great, but year to year differences, not so much. 360% increase in stock price.

Apple increased 1768% in the same time frame. Say what you want, but they’ve revolutionized the industry like no one else, and their marketing strategies topple everything else their competitors have. There is a reason they have such brand loyalty.

Also keep in mind that Google gets their revenue from EVERY device sold from all phones using their OS. That’s what, 20-30?

i’ll be upgrading to a 5, and giving my wife the 4s. she is on at&t and her contract is up, perfect time to have her make the switch to Verizon and be on one plan. I am constantly getting e-mails and text from suppliers, customers, bosses, and various corporate e-mails.

On my “days off” i am averaging about 45+ e-mail responses a day on top of the 30+ phone calls and about 50+ text. the LTE will defiantly be handy ever month when VW drops there 1gb e-mail attachments for that months programs.

not sure if it matters to you; but, verizon will make you switch your plan to the share everything plan.

It all comes down to how much you use your device and what for - if you only use it to make phone calls then buying an iPhone makes about as much sense as daily driving a Ford F-150 without the need to tow anything.

yea i understand, it’s ok, my wife doesn’t use much in the line of data, and i know pretty well which level of data i need. It seems like i’ll be paying just a little more then i am now and have a 2 phone plan.

plus i still get my General Motors 25% discount

Samsung Galaxy S3 > * IMO. We support both iPhones and Blackberry’s at work (not Android due to lack of ability in securing the device using what we have although testing is underway). I’ll stick to my Android for the foreseeable future.

If I wasn’t stuck with my EVO 3D (3D tech, by the way, is a POS and hurts your eyes), I’d be rockin the S3 already. But, that’s not a slight on the 3D’s performance. Since the Ice Cream Sandwich update, my phone is fast and responsive as if I just bought it. Very happy with the phone in general. But the S3 is the Lambo…the 3D is the Corvette.

Can’t wait for what Samsung puts out next summer when my contract is up. That thing is going to be a masterpiece. Sure of it.

Just pre ordered one for me and one for my girl.

I’ve been waiting for the right time to dump Sprintband jump to Verizon and this was perfect.

My Galaxy nexus running jellybean is just about as good as it gets right now. I have always applauded iOS for its simplicity and how well it ran, as far as the phone itself goes, its a phone, many have come out that run laps around the iphone.

Androids biggest problem is fragmentation and its openness, this causing many different iterations, bad experiences and good experiences all pointed at android rather than sometimes it being the phone itself.

the iPhone 5 is nothing revolutionary, nothing about the phone itself is special or any better than any other phone out there, all of its improvements comes with the iOS 6 upgrade which unfortunately the 4S will handle just fine but im sure apple will cripple some things to make people want to upgrade. iOS looks pretty sweet but again there are apple fanyboys who are touting its the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Look at the Samsung/Apple suit… in not so outright words, apple basically won claiming samsungs android phones are just like apple phones.

Android is getting better, hardware manufacturers ESPECIALLY samsung is doing an amazing job integrating android with their phones and making a great experience.

I have been running Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Nexus for over a month now, and I will tell you right now Jellybean once it gets more widespread, and more in its “vanilla” environment will be a game changer, jelly bean is what Android should have been when it relased and I can tell you right now its been a better phone than my wifes iPhone 4S.

I really don’t care what phones people use, people like the iPhone and I understand it, im not going to push android or anything else on people, people like what they like and they have their reasons, its people who say its outright better or bitch about certain problems without fully understanding the situation and why there may have been a problem in the first place, they just cop it up to it being garbage, the reason the iPhone does not have these issues is because its locked down more, multitasking while its there is far less prevalent than android and up until Jelly bean android did not exactly make it easy to make sure you were closing out applications, things fail/force close in iPhone all the time, you just dont see it… apple keeps that shit in the background, ive used the 4S I know it slows down like any other phone at times, the iphone just has a smaller threshhold than android and freezes up applications or closes them out in the background more often than android

but as I said, jelly bean is much better, in its vanilla form its beautiful to look at, its easy to navigate, multitasking is amazing, the notifications bar is fucking amazing, and it will only continue to get better.

The iPhone is a great device, unfortunately people seem to be too narrow minded because they are kept more in the dark when it comes to their iPhones over other platforms.

Also, for those of you on verizon, if you have the unlimted data plan… you can keep it forever the CATCH is that you cannot renew your contract to get a phone at a subsidized price. If you have 1 line with unlimited and 2 other lines for example, use 1 of the other two to upgrade and switch it to your line, DO NOT UPGRADE AND RE-SIGN A CONTRACT ON THE PHONE NUMBER WITH UNLIMITED DATA OR YOU WILL LOSE IT.

I have unlimited data, and luckily enough phones on my account that I can always just use another line to upgrade, they cancelled my unlimited telling me that because I upgraded my phone I had to go to a new tiered plan, well i called and bitched at verizon over the phone and they gave me my unlimited data back because I did not upgrade and re-sign a contract on my line, i used another line on my account and transferred the phone over.

TL DR

Pre-ordered my shit. awwww yeahhhh

Apple customer service is second to fucking none. Alwaysssss take care of you. That’s the biggest selling point on anything or anyone I do business with.