Apple Iphone

Surprised nobody else is picking up the ball in this forum… so I’ll carry it!

New apple iphone… old news, made official the past day or so.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/dsc_0182.jpg

$599 with 2-year contract… gotta make more $$$…

i want that phone!!!

So do I… It’s affordable, but then I dont want the stupid gay ass contract… AND I’m not sure I trust the Mac X software on it, i never liked mac anyway…

POS… Apple the kings of useless, proprietary, overpriced nonsense. Sandisk launched the same thing today as well, cheaper and open development and WiFi service.

each to their own…ive got a macbook pro and i like the mac os x

Regardless of how cool the thing looks, I’d probably wait till at least the second gen model, so that all the bugs are dealt with…

That or I’m buying a Treo/Blackberry.

+1

cant find the sandisk one… link?

no link yet on it as far as I know, they just Launched it at CES ~ 3hrs after Apple launched theirs…

Sandisk also launched a 32GIG SDmem stick… pretty much store every pic you could possible take in a year on one stick…

even though i may not be interested in the apple phone, i respect the company they are moving the development of the technogolgy to another level.

Doesn’t look like Sandisk announced any phone at CES 2007…they announced:

Sansa Connect, an MP3 Player with WiFi+Bluetooth
Sansa View, a 4" portable video player
Sansa Express, 1 gig Flash Mp3 Player to compete with the shuffle
and something called USBTV…

and it’s not a 32gig SD memory card…it’s a 32 gig Solid State Disk…
http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/01/04/ces2007_sandisk_32gb_ssd/

the treo is ppooo lol

booooooooooooo

http://www.johnwiseman.ca/blogging/technology/apples-new-iphone-availability-in-canada/

When can we expect the iPhone in Canada? It turns out that Apple will not be releasing a CDMA version of the iPhone which eliminates Bell/Aliant as a carrier. Looks like we’re stuck with Rogers, the largest Canadian GSM wireless carrier. If there’s one thing Canada lacks it’s a good ol’ battle between Telecommunications providers.

I have spoken with several representatives from Rogers regarding the availability of the iPhone and it turns out that they are in fact planning on providing the iPhone to Canadians. There are no official statements but the average wait time is 6-8 months minimum once they become available in the US (check the track record with previous smartphones). I’m also told the iPhone will be available on a two or three year contract, and a data plan must also be purchased (data plans in Canada aren’t cheap). Looks like an accurate release date in Canada is sometime Q4 2007 and into early 2008. About the same time that the phone will be available to European carriers.

the iphone is a cool little gadget but reports say it is not CDMA supported so your reception will be a$$ as it can’t toggle between towers. Since it only runs on GSM frequency, you will pretty much only have rogers as the only provider as they have joined the contract with mac and Yahoo…yeah, it may look all bling…and have some blingness features…but i wouldn’t spend my money on that crap. if you want to support the capitalist marketing of Mac, you might as well buy at Walmart. g’Luck.

• Mac is notorious for keeping everything inhouse. That’s why there are so many compatability issues between platforms. Meh…do you like having your hands tied and buying what you HAVE to buy and using what you HAVE to use?

might as well get an Origami tablet and mount a dock in your ride…that would be much more bling!

I think I will wait on .v2…

My 8700r BB should suffice until then.

R:)

Fido is also a GSM provider (even though it’s owned by Rogers), I wouldn’t mind using Fido.

But I dont like Apple, or Mac or Iphone… Even though it’s pretty cool technology… but there will be other fones like it, (actually i found a few already) to compete with iphone, so i’ll wait til then. something preferably with windows mobile 5 software lol…

My stupid linux Moto A1200 will suffice as well for now…