Apple vs. PC

^ Nice post. I think I just need to spend some time playing around on my buddy’s macbook and getting used to the OS before I make up my mind on whats better.

Oh and for those wondering, Im looking at picking up a laptop that will be used strictly to store music and run a DJ program called Traktor Scratch. This program utilizes an audio interface which can play my mp3s off of the laptop through my CD DJ decks or turntables just like I had a CD or vinyl record playing on the actual deck. The Traktor folks recently released an upgrade in which this program can now run up to 4 decks simultaneously, and in order for this program to run smoothly and without glitches and latency issues, I need a laptop that has roughly the following specs:

2.0+ Ghz dual core processor
4 GB DDR2 ram
250GB HD
Good video card (doesnt have to be phenomenal)
**GOOD stable OS, I have been hearing some guys have been having issues with running this setup on Vista.

I keep hearing how good Macs are supposed to be when it comes to anything movie/music related, so I am just trying to do some homework on them so I can make a good decision when the time comes.

Right now I am leaning towards a well built PC laptop. Reason being is when I install Traktor, I have to optimize the machine to run the program and that means disabling the wireless, DVD combo drive, and removing crap out of the OS that’s not needed. Im thinking if I install XP on a PC laptop with the above specs, that should run very nicely and overall be cheaper than a Mac. Although after reading this thread I really have to shop around and compare prices, because who knows maybe I can swing a Mac for the same price? Plus I need to find out how Traktor specifically runs on the Mac OS, it wouldnt surprise me if it ran better, but thats something i have to check out on another forum.

Good thread though, I am starting to like Apple stuff more, its cool to learn about all this stuff regardless. :tup: