apprentice technician looking for work...

hey guys. im looking for a new job at a dealership or shop. if anyone knows of a place hiring in or around mississauga please let me know. thanks

will you work for free?? lol

Dude dealships are dead right now. you need to get in to used cars right now i am making crazy hrs. what year are you? we just hired 3licend techs and 2 pre aprentices but one of the preapp already got fired hehe.

just started. about 4 months now. where do you work? any chance they will take me?

Maybe as oil-tech. But you would probably not wana do that.
pm me and il let you konw (its in brampton)

Screw small shops. Your better off at the dealership. Yes dealers are slow right now but not all. Over at 401 Nissan were never slow, my friends at attreall toyota, ideal honda, 401 toyota etc are slow, but there’s advantages off being in the dealership over a small shop. One is there is no real empty promises, If they say you going to school your going, no BS. They pay for most of your training, you don’t have to go about setting up your school, times etc. They do it all for you. Everyone I knew that work for a small shop got screwed and never went to school. If you can’t get into a dealership now, go to a small shop for the experiance but I wouldn’t plan on staying.

funny you should say that, because thats the exact reason im leaving my current job at a dealership. broken promises.

What dealership were or are you at and how long? It’s take some time before the start dumping cash into you lol. Remember the owners are money hungry. If it’s going to benfit them by training you in certian things they’ll send you pretty quickly. I guess it all depends on your service manager and foreman, but I still wouldn’t go to a small shop.

You going to find most techs etc in this trade like that at times. Some are like that all day. But if your service manager and foreman is like that you got a problem on your hands.

indeed i do. i dont like having to quit. thats not me, but i have thought about this and i need to go elsewhere to get on with my apprenticeship

We just no hired 3 licented tech for dealerships. They were all pice work and fighing for work. They came to my place and its a dream. Payed by the Houre and full benifits. How can you go wrong. pritty good over time about 50hrs a week.

being a mechanic isnt as great as you all think, its dirty, smells, and you wont become rich because of it. get a education.

^^^ hes right. i wish i listend to what ppl told me :?

im well aware of how shitty a profession it is

im well aware of how shitty a profession it is[/quote]

It may not pay great but I love it… I had a disison to make, what I like to do or to keep going to skool and do somthing I hate.

Its all about being happy in my mind. I love waking up and going to work I never have any regrets (like every other single job, I would call in sick ect)

If I didn’t do this I would probably be working in a kitchen (next best thing) and if i keeped going to school I would be staring at a computer all day sitting in a desk wring code. Did it for like 3 months and that was enought office for me.